Getting Ready to Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark KJ06

Reaction score
Finally got all the parts ready to lift the libby!

Front springs OME 927 with Bilstein's 24139168 (had a shop press it)
Back springs OME 948 with OME N132L Shocks
Tera Flex front bump stops, rear 4 Hockey pucks, 3/8 bolt with a length of 2 1/2 inches with locking nut and washer.

Also, was able to score some Moab 16x8 wheels set of 4 for only 120 bucks not in the best condition but cant complain for that deal and hoping to put these them on the liberty as well definitely a big upgrade from my stock heavy steeles.

I wanted to ask if I should get some rear upper isolators or wait on the the suspension to settle in for a bit? I am looking to only get the 2.5 inch no more, maybe in the future when I install some upper JBA's will go for more.
Also, if anyone has any tips/tricks/recommendations before I get down and dirty I am all ears, thanks!

Sorry the libby could use a vaccum hoping to give a good wash after the lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Looks like you are good to go to me. All you need is a can of Free All to help with the Clevis bolts and other rust prone fasteners!

I’m not sure, but You shouldn’t need isolators.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're on track, pretty straight forward remove and replace. Don't torque any bushings until jeep is back on it's weight and bounced a bit to settle it. Loosening rear lca's and front uca's and re-torqueing wouldn't hurt either. Front lca's should be taken care of at alignment. As far as isolators go, if they look crusty or squashed replace them. They're pretty cheap in the grand scheme of things.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You scored a rare set of Moabs
Those are 2006 only
Rest are smooth sides , yours are step sides , don't see many of them
What size tires are you thinking of running ?
255 70 16s or 265-70-16s work great

Mark KJ06

Reaction score
Thanks Tommudd Duderz27 and Johnny O! Very much appreciate all the feedback the knowledge you all have on the liberty is superior!

Overall Tom, I was thinking some general grabbers AT2 255/70/16s, can't wait to install them.
With that brings some more questions, should I pound over the front pinch welds?
Also wanted to ask the backspacing for the Moabs?

Thanks and looking forward to installing the parts after work in my house garage tomorrow Sandals and all!
Then hopefully can find a shop here in Phoenix that will align it all for me.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tommudd Duderz27 and Johnny O! Very much appreciate all the feedback the knowledge you all have on the liberty is superior!

Overall Tom, I was thinking some general grabbers AT2 255/70/16s, can't wait to install them.
With that brings some more questions, should I pound over the front pinch welds?
Also wanted to ask the backspacing for the Moabs?

Thanks and looking forward to installing the parts after work in my house garage tomorrow Sandals and all!
Then hopefully can find a shop here in Phoenix that will align it all for me.
Moabs from 03-06 are 8 inches wide and have 5 inch backspacing, same as stock wheels just an inch wider
I run them on my 03 and 04
And yes on the pinch welds easy to do, the way I do it at least I think

Mark KJ06

Reaction score
Thanks Tom! I appreciate the information!

I was just planning on using a 3lb hammer and just going to town, each side if the welds for the 06.
How do you pound over the welds?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom! I appreciate the information!

I was just planning on using a 3lb hammer and just going to town, each side if the welds for the 06.
How do you pound over the welds?
Have to cut the plastic inner fender first
with heat gun start at bottom about two inches on each side of the pinch weld
Heat up just enough to make it somewhat soft
then cut from those areas up to above the pinch weld leaving about an in in between the two cuts
then bend it up
You can now bend over the pinch weld and paint the area
Now heat the plastic back up till it is pliable and start flattening it out down over the pinch weld area
If done right you can hardly tell that you even did anything at all since it melts it all together

Fatty

Reaction score
Finally got all the parts ready to lift the libby!

Front springs OME 927 with Bilstein's 24139168 (had a shop press it)
Back springs OME 948 with OME N132L Shocks
Tera Flex front bump stops, rear 4 Hockey pucks, 3/8 bolt with a length of 2 1/2 inches with locking nut and washer.

Also, was able to score some Moab 16x8 wheels set of 4 for only 120 bucks not in the best condition but cant complain for that deal and hoping to put these them on the liberty as well definitely a big upgrade from my stock heavy steeles.

I wanted to ask if I should get some rear upper isolators or wait on the the suspension to settle in for a bit? I am looking to only get the 2.5 inch no more, maybe in the future when I install some upper JBA's will go for more.
Also, if anyone has any tips/tricks/recommendations before I get down and dirty I am all ears, thanks!

Sorry the libby could use a vaccum hoping to give a good wash after the lift.

Love those wheels! Sounds like a good build!

Latest posts

Members online