Shortbed locksmith help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meenj

Reaction score
Back in the day my dad used to drive a J10 shortbed.. He used to absolutely love it.. he hasn’t driven it, for a long time now.. I thought of fixing it up for his 65th.. I’m done with pretty much everything.. except the door. The key doesn’t turn on the passenger side door.. should I call a locksmith?

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the key go into the lock cylinder and not turn? if that's the case you can either try wd40 or graphite powder to try to free it up, if not then you have to take the door panel off to see whats going on with it. btw if you have the door panel off check your window tracks, they seem to rot on the bottom causing problems with the windows. I know this because my father has a 88 j10 and 80 j20, and I think the j10 has the window track problem.

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wd40 and/or graphite power are not that hard to at least try, just don't try to force the key and brake it off. plus if it works you have the satisfaction of fixing something yourself and saving a few coins. if neither of those work then I would go after a locksmith.