Safety Recall G03 - KJ BLOWER MOTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarvis

Reaction score
By buying a 2006, I thought that most of the problems would have been figured out by now.

Boy was that wrong. Recall #3.

This *****. I've been a loyal Jeep owner, but this is my last one.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By buying a 2006, I thought that most of the problems would have been figured out by now.

Boy was that wrong. Recall #3.

This *****. I've been a loyal Jeep owner, but this is my last one.
Ball joints... blower motor, what was the other one?

jarvis

Reaction score
Ball joints... blower motor, what was the other one?

Make : JEEP Model : LIBERTY 4X4 Year : 2006
Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 05V460000 Mfr's Report Date : OCT 04, 2005
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 256409
Summary:

ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, SPORT UTILITY AND PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 42RLE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THE CUP PLUG THAT RETAINS THE PARK PAWL ANCHOR SHAFT MAY BE IMPROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THE SHAFT MOVES OUT OF POSITION, THE VEHICLE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE 'PARK' POSITION.
Consequence:
IF THIS OCCURS AND THE PARKING BRAKE IS NOT APPLIED, THE VEHICLE MAY ROLL AWAY AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE TRANSMISSIONS AND INSTALL A BRACKET TO ENSURE THE PARK PAWL ANCHOR SHAFT IS RETAINED IN THE PROPER POSITION. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 28, 2005. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
Notes:
DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. E14. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236; (TTY:1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

jarvis

Reaction score
I mean, really, the only thing that changed for '06 was cosmetics, right?

How are all these things going wrong (3 recalls in the first 15 months of ownership!)? The bugs were supposed to have been worked out. Didn't they read the memo?

And my dealer's an hour away. This really *****.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I mean, really, the only thing that changed for '06 was cosmetics, right?

How are all these things going wrong (3 recalls in the first 15 months of ownership!)? The bugs were supposed to have been worked out. Didn't they read the memo?

And my dealer's an hour away. This really *****.

I know it's frustrating, but it seems like bad luck / stricter NHTSA. The real blame lies on the suppliers that make these pieces of crap, then the automaker ends up with the blame and the bill.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real blame lies on the suppliers that make these pieces of crap, then the automaker ends up with the blame and the bill.

I have to agree with that about the suppliers. I work for a supplier and we build the WK/XK inside door trim paneling and entire Instrument Panel consoles with HVAC/Radio/Air Bag/etc....

There have been numerous times where products were sent out that may have not been up to specs. In the case of the inside doors/door switches this may not be a huge deal. But, dealing with the Instrument panel and the Air Bag or even HVAC stuff this has to be correct. As a supplier we receive tons of parts from other vendors though, to piece together our production part. We find numerous problems from those vendors to and have to constantly quality check stuff they send us. It's a crazy vicious cycle.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's frustrating, but it seems like bad luck / stricter NHTSA.
I'll take a stricter NHTSA anyday over a lack one. And, as long as we're going to have defects, I'm glad the NHTSA recogized the problems instead of having to fight with a dealership to get things fixed....

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'll take a stricter NHTSA anyday over a lack one. And, as long as we're going to have defects, I'm glad the NHTSA recogized the problems instead of having to fight with a dealership to get things fixed....

I will too. Notice that I'm not complaining about the stricter NHTSA. :)

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recall is done. Took it to a Dodge dealer and scheduled the appt 2 weeks ago almost so that they could get the parts. In and out in 30 minutes.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recall is done. Took it to a Dodge dealer and scheduled the appt 2 weeks ago almost so that they could get the parts. In and out in 30 minutes.

Good. So it sounds like it went smoothly. I wonder if they replaced just the blower motor by itself or the blower motor resistor also?

Dave

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank's for the tip. Just checked on the Jeep website and sure as heck there it was! I really like my Liberty but never have I had a vehicle with more recalls than the two I've owned. A little discouraging. May have to go elsewhere next time I'm shopping for a new ride.

Last edited:

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called my dealer and he said "bring it in on Tuesday, I've got the blower in stock". I'm lucky I have a good local dealership. As much of a pain in the ass it is to have to take it in, get a ride to work and get a ride back to pick it up, I'm happy they're takin' care of me. Wonder if they'd let me test drive (can you say loaner?) the used 07' Wrangler Unlimited that has appeared on their "pre-owned" lot? Hmmmmm....

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if they'd let me test drive (can you say loaner?) the used 07' Wrangler Unlimited that has appeared on their "pre-owned" lot? Hmmmmm....
It never hurts to ask, all they can say is no....

Bimmer_2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the nearest dealer today and asked when they could do it. Told me to come back at 1:00 pm (it was 12:00 pm so lunch time) I was in and out in 15 minutes. :)

07Latitude

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Um...I got to inquire why my Latitude isn't coming up on the Jeep owner's site as needing the recall. Mine was the first shipments of Latitudes the dealer received when I got it and i know it is an earlier 07.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it isn't on there...you don't need it. That simple. I have an early 06 but I don't have balljoints and whatever the other 2 common recalls were. I got 1 out of 4, it's just how it goes.