Safety Recall G03 - KJ BLOWER MOTOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Welp, I'm going in. Anyone else? 2006 and 2007 only.

SAFETY RECALL G03 – BLOWER MOTOR
Dear: (Name)
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle
Safety Act.
DaimlerChrysler Corporation has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in some
2006 and 2007 model year Jeep® Liberty vehicles.
The problem is... The blower motor on your vehicle (VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) may overheat and
cause an interior fire under certain operating conditions.
What your dealer
will do... DaimlerChrysler will repair your vehicle free of charge (parts and labor). To do this, your dealer will replace the blower motor assembly. The work will take about 1⁄2
hour to complete. However, additional time may be necessary depending on service
schedules.
What you must
do to ensure your
safety...
Simply contact your dealer right away to schedule a service appointment. Ask the
dealer to hold the part for your vehicle or to order it before your appointment.
Remember to bring this letter with you to your dealer.
If you need help... If you have questions or concerns which your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact
DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
Please help us update our records, by filling out the attached prepaid postcard, if any of the conditions listed
on the card apply to you or your vehicle.
If you have already experienced this condition and have paid to have it repaired, you may send your original
receipts and/or other adequate proof of payment to the following address for reimbursement: DaimlerChrysler
P.O. Box 4639 Oak Ridge, TN 37831, Attention: Reimbursement.
If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may
submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 400
Seventh Street, S.W., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236
(TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
We're sorry for any inconvenience, but we are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your
attention to this important matter.
Customer Services Field Operations
DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Notification Code G03

Note to lessors receiving this recall: Federal regulation requires that you forward this recall notice to the lessee within 10 days.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'm waiting on my letter, my dealer claims they know nothing about the recall....

I'm curious, what was the build date of your KJ. Mine was Jun '06.
--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Rather than wait on a letter, I checked the Jeep web site and my Liberty is covered by the recall.

Vehicle Description:
JEEP LIBERTY SPORT 4X4 SPORT UTILITY 4-DR Model Year:
2006 VIN Number: 1J4GL48K2 6Wxxxxxx

Recall and Customer Satisfaction Notification Information:
Click on description to view document

Description Type Issue Date Status
KJ BLOWER MOTOR SAFETY 05/24/2007 INCOMPLETE

Here is the link if anyone wants to check the recall status of their KJ:

http://www.jeep.com/owners/index.html

Just type in the last 8 numbers of your VIN.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get the dealer to do the recall even before you get the formal letter from DC. The dealer can just look it up on the computer to confirm it just like AZKJ did..

I had my ball joints done months before I had the letter from DC.

Get it done asap if it's a safety hazard.

Dave

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get the dealer to do the recall even before you get the formal letter from DC. The dealer can just look it up on the computer to confirm it just like AZKJ did..

I had my ball joints done months before I had the letter from DC.

Get it done asap if it's a safety hazard.

Dave

Yeah, same here with the balljoints, went in and told them, and they scheduled me an appointment...i never did get a notice.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
My build date is08/05!

This leads me to believe that they're recalling ALL of the '06s and SOME of the '07s.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay gang, the early bird is going to catch the worm… or in this case get a blower motor to fix the G03 recall on their ‘06 or ‘07 Liberty.

This may be old news for those that went through a prior recall, but it was news to me. I did some checking on parts availability (blower motors) for recall G03. Chrysler is limiting how many blower motors a dealership can order a week, in this case it's TWO per week until such time as supply catches up with demands.

I found out that the dealership where I bought my KJ already had five people in line to get a blower (after being told earlier today they knew nothing of a recall). I would have been #6, or three weeks down on the waiting list. The dealership where I bought my TJ already had three in stock and I am the first to be scheduled in to replace the blower motor.

If you own an ’06 or ’07 KJ, I wouldn’t wait on your letter to come in the mail if you want your blower motor fixed in a timely matter. You can check if your vehicle is covered by the recall at:

http://www.jeep.com/owners/index.html

and if it is, call your dealer, give them the information and get on the waiting list. And, as Dave mentioned, you DO NOT have to wait for a notification letter. You may even have to give them the information on the recall.

Good luck....

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet another good reason to own a gasser or pre-05.. :D

hehe, jk..

Anyway, I wouldnt worry with the reimbursement. Its a load of Bull Sh*T and they wont give your money back..

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Reimbursement only works if you replace with OEM parts.

However this is quite sickening. In less than a year I've had this thing, this is Recall #3.

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked the link to the Jeep website and mine is going to have to go in for this one too. I haven't seen a recall for the LBJ's though, is that something they have been releasing for 2006's?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No letter, but I made an appt with a Dodge dealer last week when the recall first showed up online. My parts are in and on hold for me for a Tuesday appt. All the Jeep dealers somehow already had appointments for a month out.

reload40s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the heads-up from this website I was able to schedule my recall repair before most others had even heard about it.

I got in for June 7th. Not bad at all....

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recall G03, Blower Motor - completed....

If anyone in the Phoenix area needs this recall done, check with Earnhardt's, in Tempe. They still had a few blower motors in stock that were not spoken for as of this morning when I left there. Superstion Springs Chrysler/Jeep, in Mesa, already has a 3-4 week backlog on motors. From what I've been told, most dealers can only order two a week until supply catches up with demand....

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Latest posts