Rusty Lift Kit Shock/Strut Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robslibby

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Ranco shocks to order to replace the one's with the Rusty Lift. I keep hearing the one's with the kit are not the greatest.

robslibby

Reaction score
is there a particular part number for these and also is there enough travel with the rancho to go with the extra lift?

raceinfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
part # is 17004 ( as stated above) & with that lift you'll be fine those particular shocks part # actualy are for a dodge durango from what I've read & will work with a lift or stock very popular shock

jkl

Reaction score
rancho's

be sure and get them from 4wheelparts.com. i got them for $50/ea, and for $5 added to the total bill, they put a lifetime warranty on them. no matter what happens, if they ever fail, you will get a replacement at no charge.

be sure you say a lostkj member ordered them from there, they should give you that price. i think list is $52/ea. boulderbars.com is asking $60 or so each for them. too expensive...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Summit Racing 50 bucks a piece also with free shipping, at least i got free shipping last year

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you not buy rusty's shocks when you bought your kit?,I just placed an order minus his rear shocks and he said the ranchos would void the warranty on the rear coils,I told him many others are running that setup and pleased with it..

robslibby

Reaction score
No I got the whole kit I am just worried because everyone seems to have a problem with the rear shocks. But I am going to give it a try since there might be a warranty issue

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty issues with the rear springs is straight BULL $HIT!
So the spring is gonna break and crumble up because you didn't use his junk rear shocks???

You guys can just buy his springs, and get your own struts and shocks elsewhere ya know.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify. Rusty's rear shock are not the greats. However in the front, he uses Old Man Emu (OME) struts, with the OME name covered by a Rusty's Sticker. The OME struts are very high quality.

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's good to know because the only change I did was order the rancho's for the rear so all is well...

newbieKJ

Reaction score
What do you guys think about replacing the rear Rusty's shocks with the Bilstein 5150's (if so what size/lenght of travel??) :-k