RT off-road diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found a good deal on a HD rear differential cover, and thought i would pass along my experience with this part.

RT off-road part numbers:
RT-20033 (black paint)
RT-20027 (red paint)

i bought the black version.
you can find info here:
https://www.rtoffroad.com/jeep-hd-differential-covers.html

got mine on ebay for ~85 bucks
seems like the black version (atleast the one i got) was a red one painted over. on the flange side there was black over spray that i scrubbed off, and there was red paint under it. no big deal.

the fill plug is higher, and an odd hex size, maybe because of paint inside the hex? it ended up being just a tad under 9/16 but bigger than 14mm...
again, no big deal.

this thing allows you to hold about 4 quarts in it. that is where i ran out, it could have held a tiny bit more. that is ~ double the factory fluid amount.

bolted on just fine, no alignment issues. came with a new gasket, and bolts, but i re-used my lublocker gasket, which worked fine with this unit.

came very well packaged.

great product, hope i dont have to test it out.

Attachments

• RT20033_540x540.jpg
    RT20033_540x540.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 16
  • rt cover 01.JPG
    rt cover 01.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 15
  • rt cover 02.JPG
    rt cover 02.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 15
  • rt cover 03.JPG
    rt cover 03.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 14

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just because it has a higher fill plug does not mean you can run more fluid.

If you have to much in there it will spit it out through the breather and axle seals.

The plug being higher is for when higher lifts are used that tilts the pinions up to keep correct angle allowing the correct amount of fluid to be added still.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Put the correct amount in, known of a couple of people who " overfilled" and paid the price

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will double check that it is actually higher, I was writing it off of memory, but it did take more fluid

Latest posts

Members online