Rock Rails with Side Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after installing my TM Econolift my vertically challenged wife has a little difficulty getting into and out of the Jeep. I see this as the perfect opportunity to sell her on the idea of buying some rock rails with side steps. The only two I could find were RL and RRO. Judging from the pics and info on their sites the RL look to be the better product. Anyone have any opinions on either of these two? Does anyone else make any quality rails?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So after installing my TM Econolift my vertically challenged wife has a little difficulty getting into and out of the Jeep. I see this as the perfect opportunity to sell her on the idea of buying some rock rails with side steps. The only two I could find were RL and RRO. Judging from the pics and info on their sites the RL look to be the better product. Anyone have any opinions on either of these two? Does anyone else make any quality rails?
The RLs are on mine , my 83 year old ( little over 5 foot tall) Mother who has had both knees replaced uses them to climb into mine all the time, work great!!

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the JCR stage two.
not installed yet, but looked like the should work great for this purpose.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had not heard of JCR until now, I'll go check them out. Any idea how long before you install them?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I looked at JCR, they do get some great reviews but I read a few where the fitment was off by a significant amount. But overall I think they are a viable option.

I went with RL, since they seem to be regarded as the best option usually. Work great as a step, just make sure you use a good paint!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at JCR, they do get some great reviews but I read a few where the fitment was off by a significant amount. But overall I think they are a viable option.

I went with RL, since they seem to be regarded as the best option usually. Work great as a step, just make sure you use a good paint!

And RL has fitment issues to!
Mine do not fit correctly.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I checked JCR were only making the angled up version that sits in tighter to the body. Not sure how good they work for a step.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only tell my issues. I have info on others, but they can tell their's. But most will not because just like me it will be called lies.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search "Rock Lizard" here and on some other Jeep forums. You'll then likely find yourself buying what you want from somewhere else.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had not heard of JCR until now, I'll go check them out. Any idea how long before you install them?

i have the JCR stage 2, no trouble getting them, these have a flat side tube that can act as a step, they come bare metal.
we have held them up, they seem to fit ok, might rub/touch the lower front flare, not sure what i will do there, hopefully i will get to them by spring break.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Search "Rock Lizard" here and on some other Jeep forums. You'll then likely find yourself buying what you want from somewhere else.

Like anything else or any problem you find with any vehicle, you don't get a response from satisfied customers, only the ones who complain about anything or those who never ever bought from that seller. Most who are satisfied customers never say anything due to a few who complain. Look over the threads about RL and you'll see the same few names all the time , not the hundreds who have bought and had great service .
NOW back on track and to answer the OP ROCK LIZARD ALL THE WAY :rockit:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked their web site JCR no longer makes the stage 2's they make one slider now which they call the deluxe. They used to be the stage 3's.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Yep just like those that never bought RL swear it's the best and cut down any one with a different experience.
I also see that international sales are suspended at RL. And many are now dealing with a person other than Marty.
You can say every thing RL is great! All deals go smooth.
I can know that's not the case.

So I'll tell all BUYER BEWARE!

Rogue

Reaction score
Yep just like those that never bought RL swear it's the best and cut down any one with a different experience.
I also see that international sales are suspended at RL. And many are now dealing with a person other than Marty.
You can say every thing RL is great! All deals go smooth.
I can know that's not the case.

So I'll tell all BUYER BEWARE!

I notice you still have them on your Jeep! You must like something about them!
So yours didnt fit quite right out of the box? Do you stand in front of the supermarket and scream when ya get a cracked egg? Stuff happens the worlds not perfect. They r still the best sliders out there despite the problems.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I emailed both RL and JCR about their rails. RL has their rails as not available for purchase at this time on their website and I wanted to know if JCR could make theirs with the step straight out instead on angled up. The RL email was immediately kicked back as an invalid email so I called and left a message. Their outgoing message gave the same email address as the website which is a little worrisome as it does not work. I'll admit the RL rails look stronger with the triangular brace but if I can't get in touch with them or if they won't be available to purchase for an extended period of time then its a moot point. Also, the recent posts of people not getting their RL products (no one that has posted in this thread) gives me concern as well. I'll wait out the weekend and see what each company has to say.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice you still have them on your Jeep! You must like something about them!

So yours didnt fit quite right out of the box? Do you stand in front of the supermarket and scream when ya get a cracked egg? Stuff happens the worlds not perfect. They r still the best sliders out there despite the problems.

Payed money for something , I don't throw away. And I did try selling them but because of my honesty nobody would pay a reasonable amount for them. I know money doesn't grow on trees. It's hard earned. So people need to be aware of Facts when spending it. If more were honest I'd not have spent money with RL.
Questions are asked so informed decisions can be made. The people asking have the right to honest answers. And info positive and negative about a business.
I responded to a fitment statement, with my own fitment issues. I could respond with all the negative business dealing I know of.
I do not jump on every RRO thread and slam them. I have no dealings with them.
I also check my eggs at the store. I put back bad cartons, and if store worker is around I let them know!
I bend knee only to one God and not mortal man. I try not to have a false internet persona. I use this forum and the internet as a tool to learn, and share. I do not have a business or ties to any business on here. I have no hidden agenda. My posts will always be truthful.

Box? Guess you didn't order any.

Last edited:

Rogue

Reaction score
Box - Semantics

No agenda here either, but it seems like yours is an isolated case as far as fitment. Sorry that happened its frustrating Im sure. If there are any other fitment issues out there let them post, not jumping on anyone because they had a problem. But one problem doesn't make it a bad product true or false? And I know the buisness issues thats another story.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep Liberty Products link on RL's site is now un-clickable, go figure. They also neglected to put full business contact info on their website, which is a HUGE red flag. If you have a brick & mortar business (I don't care if it's out of your garage), you give your address, that's good business. If you don't want to be tracked down, you don't give it out, that's bad business.
Contact info: Martin Verburgt, 1890 Goldenrod Rd., Ozark MO 65721. 417-581-4001

Last edited: