Coolant Leaking from Hole in Frame rail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHowerter

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Yesterday I noticed a large puddle under the passenger side of my 06 Liberty, its coolant, dripping from a hole in the frame rail just behind the passenger front tire. Under the hood I can't find any evidence of coolant anywhere, everything is dry. I checked all the hose clamps and thought surely it was the heater core connections on the firewall but its not... All the freeze plugs I can see from under neither are also dry. I'm really stumped on this one... don't understand how so much coolant is getting inside the frame, it leaked roughly a gallon in just a couple hours. Anyone have an idea where it might be coming from? I replaced the heater core a year ago and figured it could be leaking inside the cabin but pulling the carpet back everything was dry and looked good.

SHowerter

Reaction score
Yea I kinda thought the same thing but no drips or anything from it. I'm gonna run it this evening and let it build pressure to see if its easier to find the leak.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Yea I kinda thought the same thing but no drips or anything from it. I'm gonna run it this evening and let it build pressure to see if its easier to find the leak.
did you ever find the leak?

6ixJeeper

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post so hopefully I'm doing this correctly. Yesterday I noticed a large puddle under the passenger side of my 06 Liberty, its coolant, dripping from a hole in the frame rail just behind the passenger front tire. Under the hood I can't find any evidence of coolant anywhere, everything is dry. I checked all the hose clamps and thought surely it was the heater core connections on the firewall but its not... All the freeze plugs I can see from under neither are also dry. I'm really stumped on this one... don't understand how so much coolant is getting inside the frame, it leaked roughly a gallon in just a couple hours. Anyone have an idea where it might be coming from? I replaced the heater core a year ago and figured it could be leaking inside the cabin but pulling the carpet back everything was dry and looked good.
My jeep has been doing the same. After it sits for 2-3 hours it drains the coolant resovour to empty and i have been filling water in it as a replacement / temporary coolant. i think it had to do with the heater core? whenever i drive over 3000 rpm she blows hot air from the front glass/dash vents. cold/hotair and ac works fine but i can smell the coolant when i turn it on. if anyone can help both of us on this that would be aawesome. Straightpiped liberty guy here @416jeeper on instagram

Members online

No members online now.