Removing Scratches From Paint.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, It has been a while since I've posted but I've been lurking. I have a question for you all. Does anybody know any good tips/tricks/products to help buff out or remove scratches from the paint job? I recently had my Renegade COVERED in mud and while I was stopped at a gas station, some IDIOT decided to write WASH ME! across my driver side doors with their finger or something. All the sand/dirt particles in the mud left the words nicely scratched into my paint. They aren't super deep but they are definitely noticeable. Any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of them without getting paint done?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Use Meguire's Swirl X, or even Ultimate Compound. Can do it by hand but I'd use a DA polisher, like the PC 7424XP. But I'd even try a lighter polish first. I bet they're not deep. Don't use rubbing compound or polishing compound. That will make it 10x worse.

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use Meguire's Swirl X, or even Ultimate Compound. Can do it by hand but I'd use a DA polisher, like the PC 7424XP. But I'd even try a lighter polish first. I bet they're not deep. Don't use rubbing compound or polishing compound. That will make it 10x worse.

Everyone I have asked keeps saying use a rubbing compound.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no rubbing compound. thats for single stage paint and also to harsh on our clear coats. use what hoosierjeeper said.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard would it be to do by hand? I don't have a polisher or know of anyone around here that has one I could use

by hand itll be a lot of work. id give it 2 days. soooo, if you have the extra $40-80 go by a buffer with a speed setting. that will still take about 2-4 hrs but itll be so much easier and look way better. my jeep is black and itll be getting buffed before winter. i dread it lol.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has a decent DA for like $60 I think, basically a knock off for the Porter Cable, good unit for a few time a year use.