Rear Interior Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the dimensions (48x16.5) off of LOST, got the front mount taken care of but not sure how to mount the rear part of the shelf? Took some pictures, thinking I could use the seat latch somehow?? Ideas??? idea.gif

You must be registered for see images attach

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link BluPhant. Have an idea I'll see if it works tomorrow. I'll post more pics tomorrow if it works. After that I cover it with some carpet.

Socks, thanks for the inspiration!! :)

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used some metal L-brackets and they work great! I bought 4 of them at the local hardware store for $4 and I only needed 2. I put them going through the seat bracket like you are talking about

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how I mounted the backside of the rack. What do you recommend wrapping the shelf in. I was thinking either carpet or maybe vinyl??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
wrap it in carpet
my shelf fits up against the rear seats and sits right on those seat back brackets.

Joshuaandrew0430

Reaction score
I built something similar for my liberty. Just took a piece of 3/4" plywood and cut it to fit. Supported the front with a 1&1/4 wooden dowel. I u-bolted the dowel to the shelf. For the rear a took a 2x4 and used "L" brackets to attach it to the shelf. Wrapped it in carpet and boom, cargo shelf for like $40.