Rear Control Arm Upgrade, 4 link? Other options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mulletator

Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two of the JBA uppers on my 03 and 04 , they work great
the one on the 04 is the preproduction test model we used to see how it would work before it was released and still doing great
I am currently trying to find time to install a set of CORE 4X4 lower adjustable control arms on the 03
they are for a WK Grand but will work, can set them at the right ( well stock ) length etc

Someone makes a bracket to mount a WK rear upper ( very expensive ) but may be a way to go
info on here somewhere

mulletator

Reaction score
Thanks tommudd, I'll check that out. I should mention that I have a 4" JBA lift on my KJ. I have the JBA rear UCA extension plate but I want to go with something stronger overall.

I'll dig around for the info on using WK parts on the Liberty, I'm open to options. I want my Jeep to be strong. I'd 100% buy the JBA kit but they no longer have it available.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upper arm is from iron rock offroad and the bracket is mage by "wwdeisel" i think he's more prevalent on lost jeeps, but he's here too. I looked into a while back, but decided I've got a few more miles left on mine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know, was sad when Marlin downsized his business
Wish I would of moved over and taken over when he asked , since then we'd still have KJ/KK parts

I have the JBA coilover kits on the 03 and 04 as well

mulletator

Reaction score
Awesome guys, thanks. I found the WWdiesl stuff here: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=89576.

That looks great, it should be way stronger than the stock stuff. Do you have contact info for WWdiesel? I'm not on LostJeeps.

tommudd, can you tell me which CORE 4X4 lower adjustable control arms will fit the KJ? Will any adjustable WK fit on the KJ with the right adjustment?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like mentioned before the UCA is for a WK, that will work with the bracket wwdiesel sells
which lower control arm???? FOR A WK Grand yes they will go down to the approx length of 17 inches to put the wheel in the right place like stock
there is NOTHING advertised that it fits a KJ anywhere

mulletator

Reaction score
Like mentioned before the UCA is for a WK, that will work with the bracket wwdiesel sells
which lower control arm???? FOR A WK Grand yes they will go down to the approx length of 17 inches to put the wheel in the right place like stock
there is NOTHING advertised that it fits a KJ anywhere

Thanks tommudd, you have been very helpful with this information which is difficult to find.

I understand that nothing is advertised for the KJ rear UCA and rear LCA. It sounds like the WK rear UCA will fit with the correct bracket. I didn't realize the WK and KJ had the same mount points on the front part of the UCA.

I just want to confirm before I order the lower control arms. I'm sorry to keep asking but it would be a huge pain in the ass to order the wrong parts and find that they don't fit.

You are saying a WK Grand LCA will fit the 2006 KJ if the length is about 17". Is that correct?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
CORE 4X4
REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS FOR 99-04GRAND CHEROKEE T1
I also went with poly bushings for 10 bucks more
they also have 8-9 different colors available
Adjustable Control Arms Rear Lower

Provides maximum adjust-ability & performance on & off road.
Designed for with 0-8 lift heights.
Features a fully adjustable design.
Easily re-center axle & adjust pinion & caster angles.
Backed by exclusive LIFETIME REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE.
Made in the USA.
Construction

Built using 1.625″ OD 3/16″ Wall tubing.
Rubber or Polyurethane on adjustable end.
Rubber or Polyurethane on fixed end.
Fine thread adjustment 1 Inch 14 TPI 4.5 Inches long fine thread.
Grease fittings Included with poly bushing upgrade, unnecessary with rubber bushings
Your choice of 9 colors to customize your rig*
What you will receive

2 Adjustable Control Arms Rear Lower
2 Core 4×4 stickers
1 4×6 window sticker

and yes they are almost as short as you can get them but they will work
Tried another company that sells some LCAs but after 20-25 emails, waiting way over a month I went with CORE4X4

will fit 02-07, no changes over those years as far as suspension

as far as difficult to find, well been combing through many companies etc over the last 16 years owning a KJ to find things, so have found a few tricks along the way. Plus working closely with Marlin ( owner JBA ) has helped

mulletator

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, tommudd, I'll order up a set right away. I appreciate you passing on the information that you have painstakingly gathered. The KJ seems to be the black sheep of the Jeep family when it comes to aftermarket modifications.

It's a shame that Marlin at JBA has stopped carrying KJ stuff. When I got the lift kit from them a couple of years ago they had all kinds of cool KJ stuff. I wish I ordered more of it at the time.

I just need to sort out the bracket for the IRO UCA. I can't seem to find contact info for Mr. wwdeisel. I might ask a local fabricator to give it a shot, the can probably model it off of the JBA extension that I already have. If wwdeisel has some already made and powder coated though, that would be easier.

mulletator

Reaction score
You'll need something way different than the JBA extension you have now
Yeah I know, I mean they can get the bolt pattern off of that plate. I'll try to get ahold of wwdeisel though. I've seen posts showing off his stuff. It seems like he already has them powdercoated and everything (http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpB...&t=90135&sid=5259ff8fe5fb38b89af3b02d71439ef9).

Only thing is I'm not a member of Lost Jeeps yet. I tried to sign up but I didn't get the email confirmation. If anyone has his email address or something please share it with me.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go up to top of page and put WWDeisel in user ID search. Doesn't look like he's been on this site since 2016, but you might could get an email to him. If that doesn't work, I'm a member on lost (if I can remember my login) and ask him to revisit here and find you.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I mean they can get the bolt pattern off of that plate. I'll try to get ahold of wwdeisel though. I've seen posts showing off his stuff. It seems like he already has them powdercoated and everything (http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpB...&t=90135&sid=5259ff8fe5fb38b89af3b02d71439ef9).

Only thing is I'm not a member of Lost Jeeps yet. I tried to sign up but I didn't get the email confirmation. If anyone has his email address or something please share it with me.

Sent him a pm for you on lost

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator on LOST, but gave up on that site when they put some new Mods on who are worthless

WWDiesel

Reaction score

I still have some custom mounts available. Not sure how to send email or private messages on this forum. I am on FaceBook. wwdiesel

mulletator

Reaction score
I still have some custom mounts available. Not sure how to send email or private messages on this forum. I am on FaceBook. wwdiesel

Hi wwdiesel, good stuff. I'd like to order one of your mounts. I don't know how to do PMs on here either.

Send me an email at [email protected] please and we can figure out the details.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you tap a persons icon there is an option to message them. I believe that is how it's done.