Rear axle mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brucea73

Reaction score
On the underside of my 2004 I noticed there was a V shaped crossmember that went from each side of the jeep and connected to the center of the rear axle.

I live in Michigan so with the salt it is corroded like crazy. In addition the two end bushings are shot and the rust is taking its toll on it.

My two questions are:
1. Has anyone replaced this?
2. Is there an aftermarket super for a new one?

Thanks in advance

-Bruce

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called the rear upper control arm. Go with an OEM Mopar, that is what I am going with since both the bushings on mine are shot, aftermarket doesn't seem to last very long.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
With Mopar, get the HD version, that's what originally came on your Jeep.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part Number:
52088901AD-M

MOPAR, Rear Upper Control Arm, (With Ball Joint & Bushings)

Fits:
2002-2007 Jeep Liberty KJ

SPECIAL NOTE:
This MOPAR product is Heavy Duty and is suitable for 'Severe Roads' (bumpy, rocky, off-roading, non-smooth roads)

The one that ends in ad without the -m is lighter duty, and about a $300 price difference.

Copied from Morris 4x4

I remembered this being talked about on another thread not to long ago so I will quote what I learned and read from john3seventeen.

Sdavis82

Reaction score
The Mevotech parts aren't better than oem?

I just replaced mine with the one from mevotech. The ball joint was tight not loose like a few reviews i read. It matched up well. It did not look any less than what it was replacing.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Brucea73

Reaction score
I just replaced mine with the one from mevotech. The ball joint was tight not loose like a few reviews i read. It matched up well. It did not look any less than what it was replacing.

Good to know..... How tough was it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to know..... How tough was it?

BUY THE MOPAR ONE!!!
The cost of it is more but you won't have to replace it as many times
They all look the same, the cheap ones that do not last don't have a sign on them saying "I'M CHEAP" they just are
Not saying it just for the H of it, experience .........................

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy the mopar one!!!
The cost of it is more but you won't have to replace it as many times
they all look the same, the cheap ones that do not last don't have a sign on them saying "i'm cheap" they just are
not saying it just for the h of it, experience .........................
x10000000000000000000000000............................

TheZombieNinja3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justforjeeps.com has that at a good price. I just replaced mine and bought the mopar part from them cheaper then anywhere else. Leann had a coupon code that she gave me but I don't remember what it is

Sdavis82

Reaction score
It really was not hard at all. One mistake i feel i made was to attach the tri link to the diff first.
Im not going to get into quality argument. Working for chrysler i have seen plently of questionable "dealer or oem" parts.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It really was not hard at all. One mistake i feel i made was to attach the tri link to the diff first.
Im not going to get into quality argument. Working for chrysler i have seen plently of questionable "dealer or oem" parts.

Yes easier to connect the front first and then locate the rear mount. There are times when the body will shift some so you have to pull it over to match everything up.
As far as parts go, on this Mopar is it since the others will wear out before you've had a chance to change your underwear