Quick question on the Rancho 17505 struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday I finally picked up my lift. :cool:
OME springs, Rancho shocks and struts.

I just have one question...

The shocks came compressed with the "strap" to hold them that way. Typical of most gas shocks.

I assume the struts are the same - correct? (They better be as there is no way I'm going to squash those new springs down that far :eek:)

Do I bend out the three little "tabs" under what appears to be the retainer at the top of the strut tube to realease the compressed strut?
I'ts the only way I can see that these are kept in a compressed state. kopkrab.gif

I've had my question into Rancho's support center since this morning, but being they can't even get an install sheet into any of the four boxes, I don't expect a quick responce.

Still no responce from Rancho (9-24), but to their credit, I did find the install sheet for the struts in the box. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

Don't get me wrong, I probably wouldn't have read the install sheets anyway, but as a draftsman, I can appreciate all the pretty illustrations provided for those of us that won't take the time to read the text...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a place on the very end of the strut shaft(past the threaded part) that you put a wrench on,just turn the strut shaft about 1/4-1/2 turn either way and it will uncompress itself.