problem wih heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i put my ac on heat while idling it blows cold. When i rev it up to about 1500 rpm it blows hot again.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Check your coolant level, check the radiator for signs of leaks, and check the water pump for signs of leaks.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
System requires good pressurization.
Many have said I don't have a leak only to find out they do.
You can have a pressure test done at local rad shop.
You also can when cold, remove the rad cap off the reservoir, and let it run at idle for 20 minutes and replace the cap. This will help to bleed air bubbles out of system if there is a small leak somewhere.
If pressure is good with Your HOAT coolant and flow is the problem, the water pump becomes the suspect.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have got a leak in the cooling system,most cases has been the upper drivers side plastic side tank on the radiator.

A bad water pump(low or no flow) will result in overheating at low rpm's and maybe fine at higher rpm's.

A stuck open t-stat just takes the engine forever to warm up,the check engine light will turn on and the code will be P0128.

With a stuck closed t-stat your engine will overheat fast.

A bad e-fan(or fan relay) will cause overheating issues at low speeds(any rpm) but will be fine at higher vehicle speeds.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the rad have to do with the ac compressor clutch randomly disengaging.
It has nothing to do with it,but normal in cold temps(or if your R134A is low),but from your 1st post....................

When i put my ac on heat while idling it blows cold. When i rev it up to about 1500 rpm it blows hot again.
You have the temp selector on hot so blend door is blocking the AC evap and allowing the heater core to be exposed.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
problem solved

Just got my kj back from the shop. Turns out it was a little low on coolant and one othe hoses coming off the compressor was clogged with dirt. 40 bucks and i get my kj back the same day.cant complain.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made sure he put that in here cuz i went to a lil car parts store by me that sells it and bought 2 gallons

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my kj back from the shop. Turns out it was a little low on coolant and one other hoses coming off the compressor was clogged with dirt. 40 bucks and i get my kj back the same day.cant complain.

Those hoses for the A/C do not just 'plug up with dirt.' Its a sealed system.

Keep a gallon of anti freeze with ya, you'll most likely be needing it.