Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me to buy a gas skid and a hitch.... bring a receipt for a hitch and hes install both (free) and refund me for the hitch (only). Of course i called 3 times a week for updates... so i guess nagging them worked.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My dealer told me to buy a gas skid and a hitch.... bring a receipt for a hitch and hes install both (free) and refund me for the hitch (only). Of course i called 3 times a week for updates... so i guess nagging them worked.
So is he suggesting a "real " gas tank skid like a Kilby or Rock Lizard
or just one of Mopars ?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. It's August here, too. But not for much longer...

I went to the dealer about three weeks ago and they knew nothing about it except what was on the news. They also mentioned that they were usually the last to know anyway.

I think I'm going to try davidski's technique of nagging them. :mad3:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just my calendar or has July come and gone?

This has nothing to do with this thread...But I like the studio you work with/for. I've spent a lot of hours in the booth at a bunch of different studios and it looks like you've worked really hard to create a great place.

Now back to our show...

Bob

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with this thread...But I like the studio you work with/for. I've spent a lot of hours in the booth at a bunch of different studios and it looks like you've worked really hard to create a great place.

Now back to our show...

Bob

Thanks. We've recently upgraded equipment so the gear list on the site is a bit out of date. Lots of new preamps, Pro Tools 10 and a 12 core Mac-Pro.

As to the topic, they are now saying by the end of September. I'm guessing in October they will say by the end of the year

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Jeep customer service in Auburn Hills about half an hour ago.. was told that NHSTA was reviewing Chrysler's proposed repair plan and course of action... if it met with their approval then notices of a full all-out recall can go out to affected vehicle owners.

Thats all they could tell me. But they were very friendly... which is nice to see.

bwflorida

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ Hitch Recall

I got a notice last week telling me to make an appointment with my local dealer for the ORC Filter Circuit recall. When I called I asked about the gas tank recall, and they said they were ordering tow hitches, and would notify me when they received them.

James

Reaction score
I received a notice in the mail today saying they will install a trailer hitch to strengthen the rear end to protect the gas tank and that I'll get another letter when the trailer hitches are in stock.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
logged into the jeep site owners page and it told me to contact my dealer about the "trailer hitch" recall. woohoo free stuff!!!... followed by a list of things the dealer will tell me need to be fixed based on their courtesy check!!!

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still nothing in canada. But I plan to call them to schedule an appointement and when the person will tell me it's for the fuel tank recall I will say, nop for the rear lower control arm, I'm a little late :) Already have the factory hitch so unless they decide to change it because the head it rusty...I don't mind much.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 'letter' Saturday. Of course, I have a perfectly good hitch, so I'll be ignoring this.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine last Wednesday. Was talking to my buddy that owns a garage about it and from what he heard from his friends down at the dealership, the hitches being made for the recall are all class 1 hitches.

So take that for whatever it's worth since it's information passed on and then passed on again.

I haven't decided what to do yet. Since I already have a hitch but it's not oem and from what the recall says they will only reimburse for oem hitches. Wouldn't matter either way though. I don't have a receipt for my hitch since one it was a b-day gift and two it was put on 7 years ago.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to call them and tell them I don't need one. Already have one, no point in getting a second.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So since I have the tow package (great hitch) and the off road option (03) which includes all kinda good stuff, what do I get? Probably nothing except 156K miles of fun in a great rig.
Have not received a notice and based on how I am equipped , I doubt that I will.

Keep in mind folks, that there are NO FREE RIDES! Someone, somewhere WILL pay for it one way or the other.

The times they have been a changing!

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll end up paying for it in the future when I buy a new Jeep but ill take the loan for now. I really didn't want to tap those rusty painted holes out myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter