Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1979 Alberta brewers strike,all you could get was imported coors lite.:yucky:
When you're used to 5%,3.5% just don't cut it.

Worst winter I can remember.

Gyro

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
1979 Alberta brewers strike,all you could get was imported coors lite.:yucky:
When you're used to 5%,3.5% just don't cut it.

Worst winter I can remember.

Gyro

Yeah, not a fan but back then since it wasn't sold here, you know illegal always tastes better . Plus I made money hauling it back for those guys

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I haven't had a Coors for years now. Back in the late 70s before Coors could be sold in Ohio I'd come back from vacation and the motorhome would be loaded down with cases of the stuff! Everyone wanted it , until it became legal here :laughing1:

I brought back a truck load. Couldn't get Coors anywhere east of Colorado or something like that back then. Then after a few years all of a sudden you could get it everywhere and it changed or something and wasn't as good.......LOL

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got my letter today. I was just wondering if I could send in the "tear out" section and check the box that says the Jeep has already been inspected.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Got my letter today. I was just wondering if I could send in the "tear out" section and check the box that says the Jeep has already been inspected.

I was thinking the same thing. Got my letter a couple weeks ago and just ignored it. I probably won't bother doing anything. I've got the whole tow package and really don't want to waste the time taking it in for their records. Probably a bad atitude but thought the whole thing was a waste from the get go.

Kaiser Von Kuhl

Reaction score
My 21 year old daughter survived this horrific accident with only a fractured vertebrae and a few bruises and cuts. The idiot that plowed into her standing 1998 Grand Cherokee was texting at 60+ mph!
Fortunately, she had just filled her gas tank prior to the collision. Yes, there was an enormous amount of fuel spilled on the highway, but when her drive shaft ejected out the rear via a 5" hole through the gas tank, it had no vapors to explode.
She has healed as well as can be expected through months of therapy and many doctors visits, and has since moved on with her life.
Our family still owns Jeeps (my '04 KJ, other daughter '08 Nitro) but I'd feel better if there was a little better protection out back.
You must be registered for see images

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
You realize that Jeep held up exceptionally well for a MASSIVE hit, right?
ThunderbirdJunkie's 07 Jetta would not hold up that well.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 21 year old daughter survived this horrific accident with only a fractured vertebrae and a few bruises and cuts. The idiot that plowed into her standing 1998 Grand Cherokee was texting at 60+ mph!
Fortunately, she had just filled her gas tank prior to the collision. Yes, there was an enormous amount of fuel spilled on the highway, but when her drive shaft ejected out the rear via a 5" hole through the gas tank, it had no vapors to explode.
She has healed as well as can be expected through months of therapy and many doctors visits, and has since moved on with her life.
Our family still owns Jeeps (my '04 KJ, other daughter '08 Nitro) but I'd feel better if there was a little better protection out back.

My God! I am glad she made it out of that.

(and I agree with TBJ on the jeep holding up well under a massive hit)

Dave

Last edited:

Kaiser Von Kuhl

Reaction score
Thank you Dave & TBJ, and yes, I'm a firm believer that a lesser vehicle would have sent her to the morgue. She certainly had a guardian angel with her that night.

Last edited:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That much of a hit, doesn't matter what you are in, its going to hurt. Not many vehicles would have done better, if any. Now if it was a semi with a 53ft box behind it, you'd just pick up pieces of that guy and move on. Glad she was ok, hopefully she got a settlement out of it.

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the mail today, and found my recall letter from Chrysler. Guess I'll have to plan on pulling my trailer hitch down soon lol

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score

She's lucky, a 60+ Impact would have killed most people. Even if they're in the front vehicle getting hit. A hitch wouldn't have provided any additional protection from that type of hit. It would just be a rebar that was mounted too low for this type of crash. If a car had hit it may have provided additional protection but the Cherokee rides very high. The only hitch I know that remotely offers any real additional protection are the ones mounted inside the covers on Suburbans/Tahoes (and their cousins from other GM Brands) or the BMW X5 Series (Never install a hitch on one of those, takes forever) that's about it.

03jeep

Reaction score
Just got my recall notice in the mail.. Guess gonna have to take her him pretty soon. Might as well get the stupid part time light fix.. Anybody know how much the dealer charges for that. Its cold out so really don't want to do it myself

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing out the transfer case sensor basically. Easy when it's warm and you have the right tools :)

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
Recall Notice - Installing Rear Hitch To Protect Fuel Tank

We got a letter in the mail a few days ago. Our 2006 Liberty will be involved in a voluntary safety recall sometime soon. Apparently under certain rear end collisions, the fuel tank ruptures or at least leaks fuel onto the accident scene. Chrysler is currently seeking a large quantity of OEM trailer hitches and will be installing one on every Liberty in question. The idea is that the hitch will protect the fuel tank in the event of a rear impact.

I installed a U-Haul class-III hitch on our Liberty. We will eventually need to take the vehicle to a dealer for an inspection. If our hitch does not meet their requirement, it sounds like we will get a new hitch. I hope the OEM will be a class-III or I will be very disappointed.