Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
In that case, I'd make sure I got my old (better) one back. :flame:

Of course, this assumes the one they intend to put on there is not a Class-III, which for all we know it may be.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the NHTSA will fight until chrysler decide to recall or will ask the tribunal to force them to recall. Now let's hope the solution is a skid plate and they will do the same in canada :D

My understanding is they will install a Mopar trailer hitch if not so equipped.

If (like my Limited) it is already installed, they will shine a flashlight up the a$$ of your KJ...look to the left...look to the right...give the sign of the cross...then send you on your merry way. For free of course, because, after all, they are doing you a favor.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...they will shine a flashlight up the a$$ of your KJ...look to the left...look to the right...give the sign of the cross...then send you on your merry way. For free of course, because, after all, they are doing you a favor.

Kind of like a visit to the proctologist. :fca5278d:

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I so hate to have dealers touching my Jeep. I put a hitch on after two Weeks of ownership and have been rear ended with more then my share of new tire carriers and swing gates (gota do something about that) and my rear LCAs are in great shape but will end up putting new ones on my self and use a better product. So when I do sell her and someone is worried about the recalls after looking at my Jeep they don't need to by it cause they don't know crap about Libertys and don't deserve her. saying that I have a list of people who want to buy her and get stopped all the time and ask if I want to sell it. Every vehicle I've owned has sold the same day I put it up for sale at asking price. My last truck sold before I got back in it from test driving my Libby. $700.00 more then asking price 2guys got in a bidding war between them selfs.

offroad cowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta Love when the government applies a new standard to a design that was done years ago!

They did that to the 73-87 chevy trucks with the saddle mount fuel tanks they mandated the metal tanks be removed and plastic tanks be installed

sent by telegraph from my k30

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
They did that to the 73-87 chevy trucks with the saddle mount fuel tanks they mandated the metal tanks be removed and plastic tanks be installed

sent by telegraph from my k30

That was a bunch of horseshit propagated by the news anyway. Just like the Audi 5000 debacle.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope,never happened.The most they got was a $1000 coupon towards a purchase of a new GM vehicle.

Actually it was $1500.00 I still have the truck and the coupon but they did recall the fan they could crack and possible death or injury could accrue. First time around was $1000.00.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like the Audi 5000 debacle.

That was a PITA. My brother had an Audi 5000 that almost did catch on fire - because a dumb **** repair guy replaced the battery and didn't replace the shield before he put the seat back in place. I caught it with only light scorch marks and replaced the stupid shield.

And his hood flew open on the highway. Cracked the windshield pretty good.

With all that, I still liked that car.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have my letter since I threw it away
but still will stop by a dealership just to have them go look and see what they say when they see the rear of mine :headbang::headbang::Moon: