Please ID this BullBar, custom Fab or retail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my personal journal thread we were talking about bullbars and someone emailed me this pic. is it a custom or can i buy it somewhere?
You must be registered for see images

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know i saw the dot com on the window, but i didnt see the bar on the site. ill look again. thanks!

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, for that price i might as well go with the full bumper for a few more hundred. are there any other types of bullbars with drings?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, for that price i might as well go with the full bumper for a few more hundred. are there any other types of bullbars with drings?

You wouldn't want a bull bar with drings on it anyways unless it was mounted securely like the matrix. Otherwise you will just either end up bending the tubing of the bull bar or it could snap off. Is you want drings up front get a good full bumper or there is the drop hitch and dring mod that works good for about 60 bucks.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one sitting on my workbench :Caffeine:

You probably could build a whole jeep with the parts you got laying around......:smokin:

Dave

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You hit the nail on the head I will say it looks good. BUT for the price and what it is I would save a little extra cash and buy a ARB. And if you have a ton of ******* drivers around you that don't know how to drive it will pay for its self

You must be registered for see images attach

This is from a ******* driver that thought that he would pass me will crossing the double yellow as I am merging into a left turn lane he had to be towed to the junk yard all I had was that.

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so it looks like this mod goes straight into the frame and you dont need a front hitch? (i was thinking there was welding onto the hitch itself)

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do make a front hitch for the Liberty, pretty sure Curt makes it. Also that hitch mod isn't as hard as it sounds there is no welding involved.
You must be registered for see images attach

1 - Buy two hitches, decide what drop you want, the more drop the closer to the center they will sit. I went with a 2" drop.
2 - Drill second hole with 5/8 drill bit in both hitches. I made a template of where it will connect to frame so I could get an exact hole.
3 - Get four grade 8 Bolts nuts washers and lock washer
4 - Install where factory tow hooks go(may have to trim bumper where hitches protrude out depending on year, mine stuck out where the tow hook cut outs are)
5 - Get D Shackles for the hitches
6 - Enjoy having two front recovery points :icon_cool:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention you should have a steel plate inside the frame rail to run the bolts through to strengthen and tie it all together

davidski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see any washers on your setup..
so, after drilling the holes through the ball mount, i put the bolt through the washer then mount hole, and it will catch the threads of the hole where my tow hooks should be? you mentioned nuts, not sure where those go. and where does this steel plate go?

Latest posts

Members online