Pictures After Boiler's Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boiler

Reaction score
I noticed he's also got a nice supply of Huggies on hand .... :D. For those long nights of fabricating I assume?

Actually I couldn't find the diaper boxes in my pictures...have you been snooping around my garage? There are TONS of them in there. I need to torch a few. The girls have cost me about $1500 in diapers I'd imagine.

Marin is my 3 year old, she's been out of them for about a year thank god. Marissa is 1 and is quite the little pooping machine...

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK Boiler I need to know something, ............................how the heck did you ever get two cute girls like that?
Must be 100% from the wifes side! ;):D:D:D:D:D

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Absolutely Gorgeous family!

oh and ...... :D

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have noticed two things

1. Burn that Purdue flag. (rotflmao)
(He knows why I say this)

2. I also have a set of those JBL speakers in my garage. I use them when I bring the laptop into the garage.

Boiler

Reaction score
OK Boiler I need to know something, ............................how the heck did you ever get two cute girls like that?
Must be 100% from the wifes side! ;):D:D:D:D:D

Maybe, but they've got my superior intellect and sunny disposition.

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Please, no comments on how small my tires look...I know. They'll be off there in a month :D

I drove the 3 hour drive up to Toledo and got coated in this concrete dust / water mix on a road that had only been open 1 day. You can see it in some of the underside pictures. That sludge coated the whole exterior when I got there.

Thanks to Tom & Chris I got my lift on last Friday! I can't thank these guys enough. I had a good time, got a lot of help, and they had it done in just a few hours. We had to hurry to get it done, I wanted to get it aligned before I left and we had to be done by 2pm. The rear ended up a little higher than the front, but due to time I decided to leave it and level it out after it settles a bit. Quitting at 2 gave us time to BS a couple hours then hit Texas Roadhouse for a steak and to talk about life for a while. :)

My lift consists of:

Front
OME 927 HD springs - $152/pair @ All J's (appx $35 shipping, I forget)
Rancho RSX 17505 struts - $182/pair @ amazon.com (shipped)
Boiler's top plate shims - I'm going to be selling these for $30 or so
Currently no clevis lift
Terraflex bump stops (not installed yet) - $42/pair (appx $8 shipping, I forget)
Current Measurement flare to center of wheel: 22"

Rear
OME 948 HD springs - $152/pair @ All J's (appx $35 shipping, I forget)
Rancho RSX 17004 shocks - $103/pair @ amazon.com (shipped)
two extra lower isolators per side (I bought uppers but forgot them at home :evil: - Tom's Used Parts Sales & Swap to the rescue...) - Unknown price. 4 upper isolators from stealership = $50
Hockey pucks for lower bumpstops - $8
Current Measurement flare to center of wheel: 23"

Shop charge for front strut assembly: $35
Alignment: $65
Total Cost for lift: $897

Some Flexing

I realized how stupid this was and stopped before I got onto the stump.

My 3/8" top plate shims - Fit perfectly, thanks LTT

On my axle (and missed spots on the bottom of the bumper) you can see the goop I got bathed in on the way up. Oh, and you can also see the best Jeep Liberty gas tank skid on the planet. :cool: It comes with 6 bolts, not just 2, but we were lazy... :rolleyes:

Clearances on the front of the gas tank skid & more concrete sludge. The entire exterior of the KJ looked like how the gas tank and heat shield look.

Nice KJ Boiler.

But as far as "Please, no comments on how small my tires look...I know. They'll be off there in a month.."

You know you opened yourself up for a whole wack of coments regarding those tyres Eh?!!!:D

Nice stuff!

What do you want for one of those fuel tank skid plates?
That way I can rip off and duplicate it here in Canada!:D

Just kidding!

Boiler

Reaction score
Looks great. Interested in those top plates ;)

PM on its way.

So you're saying there's no hope for your children?

:D

(rotflmao)

What do you want for one of those fuel tank skid plates?
That way I can rip off and duplicate it here in Canada!:D

Just kidding!

Ha! have at it. They're not cheap to make....or buy. Check the second post in the thread linked in my signature for more info. They are $340 plus shipping & any finish. I'm just going to paint mine. Anodize is nice, but very expensive, and powdercoating won't touch up any nicer than rattle can...

Shoot me a PM if you're serious about wanting one. I've got two more built and ready to ship out.

Wait
Boiler, you need a RAMP to get on that stump?

Yeesh, newbies.

Hey that stump was taller than it looked...I couldn't even get up the ramp without spinning tires in the wet grass... :rolleyes:

Plus that is like my first non-snow obstacle. Yes I'm a noob.

Last edited:

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boiler...I am pretty sure that this is the same lift I am building. I am glad to see what it looks like. I know it is different on everyone's KJ...but gives me a good idea. I am doing a 3-ring clevis in the front. Thats the only difference.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Boiler...I am pretty sure that this is the same lift I am building. I am glad to see what it looks like. I know it is different on everyone's KJ...but gives me a good idea. I am doing a 3-ring clevis in the front. Thats the only difference.

I had the conduit nuts already taped together ready to go on his but :D:D:D:D:D:D
Never listen to a new liftee just do it and be done :rolleyes::eek::-kheadscratch.gif:D:D:D:D:D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
boiler, did u use the stock strut plates? did u use a small spacer for the front springs?

Yes he used the stock top plate, stock iso's, his top spacer plate, but no clevis which should of been done

I did his lift with the help of 03CDKJ

Boiler

Reaction score
Correct, stock everything in front except I swapped in the OME HD coils, Rancho strut, and a 3/8" top plate spacer plate, which I make and sell to whoever needs them.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boiler

The lift looks good I have been thinking of how to peice a lift togther, even more since xmas and since I am going to Rausch Creek in a few weeks.
Does your Jeep still ride good?

How did you get all the parts, just buy what you could when you had cash untill you had everything or buy it all at once? I am thinking of ordering as I go to get my CRD lifted. One problem I may have is I think Rancho is not making the shocks used in the Frankenlift and thats what I wanted to use. What else is there out there.