Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
Finally after two weeks, the parts are in for my Liberty, I can't believe that I had to wait this long for two front shocks and a rear end bearings. I know that there was a holiday, during this period but still can't believe it's taken this long. They told me that I could even drive it home, and it would be ok, but this rear end is now screaming, and I am hoping that it'll make it the 70 miles back to the dealer.:D

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally after two weeks, the parts are in for my Liberty, I can't believe that I had to wait this long for two front shocks and a rear end bearings. I know that there was a holiday, during this period but still can't believe it's taken this long. They told me that I could even drive it home, and it would be ok, but this rear end is now screaming, and I am hoping that it'll make it the 70 miles back to the dealer.:D

If the bearing(s) in the rear axle are "screaming" at this point, I would not be surprised if the axle shaft was now seriously damaged.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the bearing(s) in the rear axle are "screaming" at this point, I would not be surprised if the axle shaft was now seriously damaged.
X2........

Seen it one to many times,bad axle bearings and told customer the axle is below spec for where the bearings ride,they don't care since it's another $300 for axles.Well in 2-3 days they are back paying for new bearings,seals, and axles after the bad axles ate the brand new bearings in less then 50miles.

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
It's finally in the shop, the front shocks, were so bad you could squeeze them with bare hands. I guess I should have been more precise on the noise, it's not the axel, but the rear pumpkin. They have the plate off, it's the pinion bearings and they are going to change the carrier bearings, just because it probably has metal shavings in it, the magnet at the bottom of the pumpkin, had a lot of shiny shavings on it. I still don't understand why this has happened, I don't abuse this jeep, it's never been stuck where the tires have spun a lot, mechanic says if the last dealer put the wrong oil in, that would knock out the bearings?