Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
he's probably just covering his ass since he told u that it might get in by the weekend......hope u get some luck with dcx...

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine in MA (Norwood) and they only wanted $500 deposit. No down payment, either. Maybe the dealer doesn't like you / didn't believe that you were serious? I was pretty sure mine wouldn't take me serious; I came in on a sat to test drive one, and they didn't have one / couldn't find one, so I said "ok, I'll just order one, then" :-D

Don't feel bad about the dealership not telling you anything. My experience involved calling and getting looped around the phone tree with secretaries picking up the phone every minute asking "who are you holding for?", getting sent to voicemail boxes to not have my calls returned, and being promised a delivery date, only to be dissapointed. And they didn't get the car inspected for me, so I had to come back for that the next week. At one point they told me "All we know is that it shipped, we have no estimated time of delivery and no way of knowing where it is" And it was in "shipped" state for over a month (Ordered it in December, finally got it in February).

<rant>
Do NOT buy from central jeep in norwood, they are a pile of crap. The price was good, but the service was the worst I've ever had for any purchase. Speaking of that, I need to find another dealership to bring the jeep to for service after I get my freebie spent.
</rant>

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Texas and I am using a dealer in Minnesota, so I just bypass them and call DC myself. I am now waiting on mine to be built....they told me it was going to be built on the 28th and when I ordered it the dealer told me since it was a fleet order I was going to get it within 30 days....hmmm :-k ......so its going to be built and Im going to get it within a week and a half after that....I THINK NOT!!! So I am waiting right along with you!!!

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, small update. Called Chrysler this morning to check on things. I told them I was getting conflicting messages from my dealer and I wanted to know the status of the vehicle. They confirmed for me that it was in fact in transit, but they didn't have any other info. No rail car number, no ETA, nothing. So I guess I just have to deal with my now PITA dealer till it gets here. At least now I know it was shipped. So much for that April 1st ship date, huh? Lol.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at least I'm ready with a new digital camera to post "baby pictures" when she gets here.....lol.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I was hoping you did have a digital camera ready. I think that we have all felt like expectant fathers, lol. =D>

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess it makes sense. I've been acting a bit pregnant lately...moody, grouchy, complaining, depressed....lol. You've all been awesome for putting up with me and giving me a place to vent. I appreciate it more than you know! I promise lots of pics when she gets here!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
Well, I guess it makes sense. I've been acting a bit pregnant lately...moody, grouchy, complaining, depressed....lol. You've all been awesome for putting up with me and giving me a place to vent. I appreciate it more than you know! I promise lots of pics when she gets here!

hey, we all suffer from anticipation anxiety \:D/

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepmed said:
Just take some Xanax or have a long cool drink. =D>

Well, it supposed to get up to 81 here today, so I think I'm gonna mix up a pitcher of martinis and lay in the sun for a while...maybe that will help....lol.

(beer) (Alcy)

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a more positive note, the 2005 renegade is a pretty hot car in a manual ******, if I do say so myself. It's well worth the wait.

Just wait till you see the window sticker that says "This car built especially for...", it'll make you almost forget how long it took to arrive

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
They actually put a sticker that says that on it? That's pretty cool!

It will be right on the window sticker...bottom right side i believe. Usually if it is fleet it will have the dealers name... but not yours. (biggrin)

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok..last night yall were talkin about a priority code on the order invoice! Well I looked at my invoice and the priority code was "01"! What was yalls code? I just talked to DC and the girl I talked to did not have a clue what the codes meant but she did say that the estimated ship date was 4/29! So now I actually have a date to look forward to! But by reading what Flaren is going through, I know not to get my hopes too high!!

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is "99". So I think I was put at the bottom of the barrel from the very beginning. The others that got theirs fairly quickly had codes of "01." So it seems you're on the right track. Good luck! =)

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expedition Log - Day 59

The natives have become even more restless. Many attempts have been made to assasinate the oracle named Mike of Dealershipia. The oracle has recently made many incorrect predicitons, angereing not only the tribe we are studying, but also several other tribes in the area. The oracle has recently apologized for the incorrect predictions, explaining that the "Boston Area Chrysler" gods have recently struck down their messenger service and have only recently found a new truck-driving messenger, who is struggling to get up to speed with his new duties, but is having significant problems with timing lately. So many problems, in fact, that Dealershipia has had no new shipments in over a week now, which has angered neighboring tribes also. The oracle has promised to be in touch soon. I fear for the health and well-being of the oracle if further incorrect predicitons are made....

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, at least you are keeping your sense of humor about the whole deal. \:D/