Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just announcing that I ordered a new '05 Renegade. I had to order it
because what I wanted wasn't within 600 miles of Pittsburgh -- I guess
I have unique tastes.

I'm trading in my '00 Cherokee Sport. I think I'll miss it, but what
I've got coming will soon fill the void.

I really didn't care for the Liberties when they replaced the
Cherokee, but this '05 Renegade model really looks nice (I think what
I hated most about the Liberty was the curviness around the front
headlights and grill -- the '05 Renegade is more beefy and straight).

Unfortunately, they said it may take 4 - 6 weeks to get. Anyone have
experience special ordering a vehicle this time of year? I hope its
closer to the 4 weeks rather than the 6.

Here's my order in detail, for those interested:

You must be registered for see images

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally had mine ordered and then 3 days later they found one 100 miles away. I agree with you about how I felt when the KJ first came out. When I saw the new renegade I just knew I wanted 1. I've enjoyed it. Check my pics. Congrats.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I'll love it, but the wait will nearly kill me.

I'll post pics when I get it.

I think another reason I wanted a Renegade was because of all the Liberties I see around, 99.9% are NOT Renegades; I wanted something that few had. And now that mine will be a special order, I now I'll have something unique.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. You made a good choice and you'll enjoy it.

But I for one like the rounded hood better, as it matches better with the round headlights, and that classic Jeep look. Well, whatever DC does, please do not bring back the square headlights!

JCUJeep420

Reaction score
The new hood makes all the difference IMO.. The external fogs are nice and you can't forget about the rivets 8-[ Overall, I love my '05 Renegade, and I hope you will do the same. Be sure to post pics when you get it!

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JCUJeep420 said:
The new hood makes all the difference IMO.. The external fogs are nice and you can't forget about the rivets 8-[ Overall, I love my '05 Renegade, and I hope you will do the same. Be sure to post pics when you get it!
I agree. \:D/

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jjo said:
Unfortunately, they said it may take 4 - 6 weeks to get. Anyone have
experience special ordering a vehicle this time of year? I hope its
closer to the 4 weeks rather than the 6.

Can someone answer his question? Kinda going on a tangent here, guys.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet his order will follow the same process as the CRD's that have been ordered recently. There are a couple of threads about that already on the other Jeep Liberty Forum:

Jeep Forum

Why do I feel like I'm cheating on Bennett? #-o

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I very rarely ever go there myself anymore. I would much rather hang around here \:D/

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like these forums the best too. JU has too many trolls. I even had one offer to buy my old tires until I suggested a public place.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jackie said:
I like these forums the best too. JU has too many trolls. I even had one offer to buy my old tires until I suggested a public place.

8-[ That doesn't sound too good....

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jackie said:

Wow! Good idea Jackie.

I heard a story about a guy that put a car that he was selling on the net. Someone called and came to his house to look at it, ended up robbing him, and stole the car! But still you can get robbed in public, but better there I guess then alone at home. Thankfully Indy is a right to carry state. You never know these days what crazy you might meet. 8-[

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
jackie said:

Wow! Good idea Jackie.

I heard a story about a guy that put a car that he was selling on the net. Someone called and came to his house to look at it, ended up robbing him, and stole the car! But still you can get robbed in public, but better there I guess then alone at home. Thankfully Indy is a right to carry state. You never know these days what crazy you might meet. 8-[

I think the only thing I have the right to carry in California is my dog since guns are illeal in San Francisco already :alien: Seriously though, I was going to have a friend watch from a distance in her car just in case too.

I think a lot of criminals rely on victims being stupid or too trustworthy. But I never put myself in the position of being a victim and I am always on the look-out. There are some creepy people out here...you never know. (Maybe I watch too much law & order or csi :-W )

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Funny Bigfella! I feel bad myself at posting on JU. [-X

that one post i saw you do, you referred to this place (dude asking about mp3 players..) i do the same thing..I post, but with links to here...LOL

bbermann

Reaction score
I ordered a Rene recently also. The order went in 12/23/2004. I called the dealer today to see if they had a del'y date. No go, but they said parts had been allocated and they already had the VIN. Their guesstimate was that I would have it this month. They sounded sincere.

In general, I have heard 4-6 weeks.

This waiting is painful, isn't it?

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure is. Kinda like lay-a-way. I hated that, too, when I was a kid.

But since I ordered mine 8 days after you, I shouldn't be too far behind.

Let me know when you get yours...

Curious: Why did you order one? What did you want that they couldn't find?

My order is:

1. Bright Silver
2. Fulltime 4WD
3. ABS
4. Sirrius Radio
5. 235/70/16 OWL Tires
6. Everything else standard

The roadblock for me finding one on a lot somewhere is the fulltime 4WD. All the fulltime 4WD ones the dealer could find had more luxury features that I didn't want (leather, sunroof, etc.).

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jackie said:
I think a lot of criminals rely on victims being stupid or too trustworthy. But I never put myself in the position of being a victim and I am always on the look-out. There are some creepy people out here...you never know. (Maybe I watch too much law & order or csi :-W )

My wife bikes during the summer mornings, and she once had an old van follow her. She now carries. It's too bad that the world is like that, but better be safe then sorry. Four years ago a college girl here disappeared while biking, turned up in the woods a couple of years later.