Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shifting is excellent. I test-drove an automatic and didn't like how it shifted, so I opted for the manual transmission.

I LOVE the way the 3.7 sounds when you really accelerate (keeping it between 3 and 4 rpm shifting). There's a lot of power in there when you need it. At the same time, I can see why people like the auto, I imagine any slow motion off-road kind of stuff would be irritating (although you don't need the clutch to start in 4Lo)

Gas mileage isn't that great - I think the most I've seen is 20 or 22 on the highway, usually it says 16 or 18, sometimes 14, depending on how I drive (I'm a lead foot at a green light).

It's going to take some getting used to having the 6th gear, I often mean to go into reverse and end up in 6th. Also, reverse takes some getting used to. I've stalled out a few times trying to back up and turn, both in 2wd and 4wd, partially because the engine is quiet and I can't tell when it's about to stall when looking backwards.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really excited about the 6-speed. I've done most of my manual ****** driving on the BF's 5-speed TJ, and apparently, I'll have a decent getting-used-to-it period with a 6. I had the same feeling on the auto ******, too. I have nothing against an automatic, though. Every car I've owned so far has been an automatic. I also wanted a manual so my mom and my younger brother can't drive my KJ! [-X (hehe)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
selfish now are we...LoL...
lucky you, u dont have to drive through manhattan traffic...LoL
one thing i'd hate having an auto...(1 am traffic up the 59th street bridge....and this is on the on ramp....ungh..)
i'd love to have a 6 speed....sometime soon...

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily selfish, just concerned for the health and well-being of my KJ! I don't think either of them should be allowed to operate a COW, nevermind a multi-thousand pound automobile! Yipe!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Flaren said:
Not necessarily selfish, just concerned for the health and well-being of my KJ! I don't think either of them should be allowed to operate a COW, nevermind a multi-thousand pound automobile! Yipe!

rollinglaugh.gif

i feel the same way with mine...
if and when a time comes and someone else drives the KJ w/o me present, it takes me ten minutes before I hand them the keys..show them what's where, and tell em the nuances...etc....and if it's cold, thats an extra 5......
LoL

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next on Daimler Chrysler's "Wild Ohio: Hunt for the Jeep Liberty"...

Day 28 - The expedition has begun covert operations, delving deep into the complex structure of Jeepicus Libertii society. Upon unearthing an ancient stone tablet containing translations of "Chrysler-ese", the "Dealership" research team has been able to decode the previous cryptic messages found on earlier treks. It appears the previous message was mis-translated. The actual meaning should have been that the Jeepicus Libertii in question has been completed and will begin it's migration on April 1st. The natives have begun preparing gifts and a small celebration in anticipation of its arrival.
(biggringift)

(P.S. Thanks for letting me be a nutcase guys! 8-[ Can we all tell how bored I get at work?...lol)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Flaren said:
Next on Daimler Chrysler's "Wild Ohio: Hunt for the Jeep Liberty"...

Day 28 - The expedition has begun covert operations, delving deep into the complex structure of Jeepicus Libertii society. Upon unearthing an ancient stone tablet containing translations of "Chrysler-ese", the "Dealership" research team has been able to decode the previous cryptic messages found on earlier treks. It appears the previous message was mis-translated. The actual meaning should have been that the Jeepicus Libertii in question has been completed and will begin it's migration on April 1st. The natives have begun preparing gifts and a small celebration in anticipation of its arrival.
(biggringift)

Nice, very nice.....tho, it is april 1st...and well....just saying.... :-s LoL

Flaren said:
(P.S. Thanks for letting me be a nutcase guys! 8-[ Can we all tell how
bored I get at work?...lol)

in case you didnt notice already, we are all nutcases here....LoL

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
in case you didnt notice already, we are all nutcases here....LoL

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Flaren, getting excited I see?! I bet! We are looking forward to photos.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expedition Log: Day 49.....

The team has discovered evidence of a large caravan making it's way slowly through the dense jungle forest. The oracle "Mike" of Dealershipia has made predictions of a very fortuitous and exciting weekend. The natives seem anixous, restless, and hopeful, anticipating the possible arrival of some great gift from the gods within the next few days. The team and I will be closely monitoring the caravan's progress and are hoping to make further contact with the oracle soon... In the meantime, the team has busied itself attempting to locate digital photography instruments to document this upcoming momentous occasion.

(bowdown) (bowdown) (bowdown) (bowdown) (libblack)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drunk.gif (Alcy) (beer)

All the above speak to Flaren's state of mind

(rotflmao)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
Expedition Log: Day 49.....

The team has discovered evidence of a large caravan making it's way slowly through the dense jungle forest. The oracle "Mike" of Dealershipia has made predictions of a very fortuitous and exciting weekend. The natives seem anixous, restless, and hopeful, anticipating the possible arrival of some great gift from the gods within the next few days. The team and I will be closely monitoring the caravan's progress and are hoping to make further contact with the oracle soon... In the meantime, the team has busied itself attempting to locate digital photography instruments to document this upcoming momentous occasion.

(bowdown) (bowdown) (bowdown) (bowdown) (libblack)

I was wondering about you... HOLD ON! =D>

Do you have your camera ready?!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
she probably wont be able to sleep anymore...not that she's been able to sleep since she ordered the thing...but now, it's totally gonna be a strict caffeine diet....LoL

if she could, she'd probably cruise the highway's and search for that mysterious carrier truck.....

LoL

Lea Ann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL CONGRATS FLAREN!!!
NOW ITS MY TURN!!!
I ordered my Sport CRD on April 9th and I am so anxious to get it seeing that this is my hubbys first new automobile and espically that I am bumming rides off other people until it comes in! (I sold my suburban yesterday!) So, don't yall think yall are off the hook listenin to us waiting for our ride to come in....Im just gettin started! \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Lea Ann said:
WELL CONGRATS FLAREN!!!
NOW ITS MY TURN!!!
I ordered my Sport CRD on April 9th and I am so anxious to get it seeing that this is my hubbys first new automobile and espically that I am bumming rides off other people until it comes in! (I sold my suburban yesterday!) So, don't yall think yall are off the hook listenin to us waiting for our ride to come in....Im just gettin started! \:D/

great...3 in a row...not that it's a bad thing, but....dag

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, it's been all caffeine for a while now.....lol. I haven't slept that much either lately....hehe. Hey, if you saw the pile I'm driving now, you'd understand! It's also my very first new car, too. By new car, I mean an automobile that is less than 12 years old....lol. My last car was as old as I am! Figures I have a wedding this weekend. I'm expecting the dealership will call as soon as I leave for NH on Saturday. At least I'm only up there for the day...lol. If I do get the call on Saturday, however, I'll be playng the "chew & screw" to get back down here to pick her up...lol. Gonna pick up my deposit check today just to be safe!

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remeber being where you are just a few months ago. I never was so anxious to get a vehicle as I was with my Liberty. Your going to have a huge smile when you pick it up. Also you wont believe its yours for a couple of days. =D>

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I can't wait! It's still not real to me that I'm getting it. I'm really hoping it's this weekend, but like everything else it seems, it'll probably be pushed back to next week sometime. Oh well, at least next week is school vacation week, so I can spend the entire week driving her around! \:D/ (And probably getting used to spending lots of time at the gas pump.....lol.)

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA!!!!

shipped on the 12th and you expect to see it *soon*??

Mine took OVER A MONTH to ship. Hopefully you'll have better luck. You at least have a dealership that tells you the status, mine just made up stuff and never called me back. (Central Jeep in Norwood, MA. do NOT go there for anything but a test drive).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.