ome spring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry if this has been beaten to death, i just can't seem to find the answer.. I read that with OME927 springs on a gasoline kj all stock (no bumper, winch, bar, etc) you get a 2.6" lift. does anyone know a definite answer on how much lift i would get from OME927 vs. OME926? so the difference between the HD springs and MD springs on a stock kj. everyone says to get HD all around... pictures of the two set ups would be very helpful!

thanks in advance

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know you should get the same amount of lift, the main difference is if you plan on putting anything heavy on the front end (ARB bumper, winch, etc) you'll have problems if you go with the medium duty springs.

Getting ready to put some 927s and 948s on mine next week, I can take measurements if you want, probably will anyway since i want to see how much difference there is from my daystar with old springs.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have med springs all around on our '03
got over 30K on them and can still fit 245/75's on OE wheels
you may get some but not much more lift out of HD's
you will get a stiffer ride ,fact not opinion as 1 spring is stiffer than the other

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have med springs all around on our '03
got over 30K on them and can still fit 245/75's on OE wheels
you may get some but not much more lift out of HD's
you will get a stiffer ride ,fact not opinion as 1 spring is stiffer than the other

Do you know the actual amount of lift after your springs or do you have pictures? Just asking b/c ome says it's a 1.5" lift but others report otherwise

mallcrawler

Reaction score
I have med. duty springs and struts in the front with the RRO spacer and heavy duty springs with skyjacker nitro-8000 shocks in the rear. Its about 2" lift all the way around, it does still have a factory rake look in the front but the ride is awesome.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the actual amount of lift after your springs or do you have pictures? Just asking b/c ome says it's a 1.5" lift but others report otherwise

I still have about 2" or so over the way it was when I installed the lift
which was about 3/4" lower than the way it was day 1
stock springs settled really bad
the max lift was for the first 5-10K miles
then it all settled in
but even now I clear 255/70's with room to spare

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The lift you get from heavy duty to mediums is or can be quite different. Some people are lifted with no skids, rock rails or anything so they may gain more than others who have. For example I have a roof rack that weighs about 60 lbs, add rock rails another 60/65, Kilby gas tank skid another 60 or so( at least) hitch, ARB bumper 90 plus, stock skids not sure maybe 25/30 lbs. CO2 tank 20 lbs or so, tools 50 lbs, heavier battery, and the list goes on and on so for me Heavy Dutys are the only way to go, Plus they have lasted almost 100,000 miles but are now starting to sag, with mediums I would of sagged a long time ago.
So look at what you want to carry and what you maybe adding and go from there.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The lift you get from heavy duty to mediums is or can be quite different. Some people are lifted with no skids, rock rails or anything so they may gain more than others who have. For example I have a roof rack that weighs about 60 lbs, add rock rails another 60/65, Kilby gas tank skid another 60 or so( at least) hitch, ARB bumper 90 plus, stock skids not sure maybe 25/30 lbs. CO2 tank 20 lbs or so, tools 50 lbs, heavier battery, and the list goes on and on so for me Heavy Dutys are the only way to go, Plus they have lasted almost 100,000 miles but are now starting to sag, with mediums I would of sagged a long time ago.
So look at what you want to carry and what you maybe adding and go from there.

X2

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh plus pictures will tell you nothing really unless you would have both the same right down to the same tires, same mods, if they did a clevis lift etc. Then you would need either the earlier models or later models as the front bumper throws you off when looking at them. They will be close but still not accurate to what you may end up with on yours.

spechuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would be just stock with full mopar skids, and rockrails, but thats all for the front. I'd like to keep the raked look, not like with the rear way up in the air but just slightly like stock stance

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would be just stock with full mopar skids, and rockrails, but thats all for the front. I'd like to keep the raked look, not like with the rear way up in the air but just slightly like stock stance

I am running all stock skids with a custom made ****** skid
that weighs 4X as much as the stock skid and with out being parked next to a stock KJ you would not know I have a lift or if you noticed that I am running bigger tires
if you are running some RL or Bolder Bars sliders and full after market skids
then Med. will be fine

Latest posts

Members online