OME shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mallcrawler

Reaction score
I currently have OME heavy duty springs in the rear of my jeep with skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks designed for the 2.5" lift are the OME rear shocks shorter, and compress the spring. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

mallcrawler

Reaction score
I do not know what you mean by that.

The OME 132 shocks are shorter but the OME 132L shocks should be close to what you have now.

that is what i was wondering if they were shorter, and by yhr just alittle FYI for anybody that it interested Rusty off road has OME rear shocks are on clearnce for $40.00 a piece.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The ones Rustys have for sale are only about an inch longer than stock, (it's the 132s), the 132Ls are a good bit longer ( only available from AllJs) They are about the same lenghth as the Rancho RSX 17004, which are a really good replacement shock when lifted

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have OME heavy duty springs in the rear of my jeep with skyjacker nitro 8000 shocks designed for the 2.5" lift are the OME rear shocks shorter, and compress the spring. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Shocks do not compress springs
if you use a longer than stock shock ,OME shocks from rustys are stock length
then you will need longer bump stops or you will destroy the shocks by over compressing them

mallcrawler

Reaction score
Shocks do not compress springs
if you use a longer than stock shock ,OME shocks from rustys are stock length
then you will need longer bump stops or you will destroy the shocks by over compressing them

thank all you guys for your info on yhis matter it very useful.

Latest posts

Members online