OME or Bilstein shocks for LibertyTc's KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen to HJ.

Although if I don't smell brake cleaner, degreaser, PB, mineral spirits or acetone for awhile that'd be nice. Perhaps Meguire's and carnuba is on the menu soon. (I'm sure my brain cells would approve.)

Was your driver's side lower pre-lift? Weird I think my passenger side was lower before IIRC - maybe my wife's friends needed to come to the gym with us ;) Maybe a crap spring - well they were both crap really. Aren't you just glad you're out with the old, even with an extra visit in the shop? (Hey, at least if it's the same tech he's got it down now, should be quick - and free clevis tuning!)

Speaking of boots, wonder what (back to black... pretty) is best to keep the rubber in shape and protect them? Maybe silicone lube? Probably deserves a thread if there isn't one someplace already... :)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My drivers side was lower before and definitely after OME lift (well after off roading and beating on the poor springs without realizing they forgot to put the two lower iso's in)
Everyone's Ome seem to be lower on driver's side. I know when I step in it is certainly not level by 240 lbs.
What can I say I like steaks...potatoes, roast beef, lots of vegetables,french stick warm out of the oven bread, pie, cakes, muffins, and drop by Ryan's with wine by the gallon, beer by the keg..
oh I'm sorry what we were talking about..what ..oh ya..dinner, right...
Keeping the boots clean =going off road, mud scrapes & then going through the river to wash em off ..eh??

Last edited:

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck at the shop tomorrow TC. Hope all goes well.

Got a bit done after I got in. More cleaning, painting and garage organizing for the space needed to do ARB.

Removed the grille, front fascia, and cans. For the fascia I did the final removal AFTER cutting the fenders so I wouldn't have to mess around with those bumper-to-flare clips working blind elbow deep in the fog light doors. Was able to save almost all plastic pop rivets and drilled out metal ones no problems. Everything came off in one clean piece. When I removed the cowl found a rust monster worse than I thought eating the bottom of the radiator support... more cleaning, prep and paint on the list again. :shrug: Did all my cutting with a small Mastercraft vibro saw - amazing for plastic or thin metal. It's small, accurate and easy to control, the grille panel lug was cut in 5 seconds and no marks on the underlying body paint, flares are not bad at all - driver's had a hiccup but barely noticeable.

Then came the ARB mount install... almost done. As usual working alone I finally figured out to use a couple of bar clamps fixed in the LCA mounting brakets to hold the mount and push it inwards to get factory holes and the captive nut thingy to line up correctly. Little more work than anticipated but fine.

attachment.php

Not enough light hours in a day - too late to finish drilling or start grinding rust. Everything is getting another coat of clear (did the mount last month, should be cured by now eh? :) ) and a real paint job to do on that rad support metal.

Bedtime!

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking Good Mitch, lots of work going on there~
Ok So Back to my rig..
Lets start with the good news..both lower isolators are now in & 3 conduits driver's side with 2 on passenger side to level. Very close now driver's sit's at 22 3/4"
39276[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

The BAD NEWS: Tires Rub on turns, alignment not great now, & Stock Upper A-Arm is making contact with springs both sides in middle and on Bottom?.
The higher you go the worse it gets with stock A-arms-Correct!
Need JBA 4.5s ASAP to make it right.
39278[/ATTACH]"]

While Ryan & Jen were picking up custom seat cover's we met for another comparison!
Even though we were not on true level ground, you can see that I sit up nice and proud now. Mirror to mirror I sit just slightly taller until Ryan throws in Boiler's shims....
I can make up for that eventually with taller tires.. eventually.
39280[/ATTACH]"]

Next is correcting problems with 4.5s..wonder how long it takes to get them here?

Attachments

• JEEPWithClevis.jpg
    JEEPWithClevis.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1
  • JeepSprimgsHit.jpg
    JeepSprimgsHit.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
  • JEEPSWithClevis.jpg
    JEEPSWithClevis.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on tires! (X2 me too...let the wallet cool a bit just in case)

Looking good Tim, glad everything worked out and you got clevis in the bargain.

Seeing as this thread has been jacked thoroughly several times (not just by me - but mostly) and it has so many reads... should rename it to Canadian lift thread... ;)

threadjacked.gif

ARB is mostly on. Wheel well liners not lining up - grr - and don't like the protection of the washer bottle cover but it's solidly on, wired up and lit. No winch yet, must-do before fall deer/moose trips but blew the budget a bit and think tires might be a bigger priority with one flat repair on and one flat repair as spare...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The Twitch is a bit worse now that it sits another inch taller in the front
The alignment was not done again, but it steers relatively well considering, toe is out.
Am not going to drive it much until the new 4.5's are installed.
The upper arms hopefully fixes all the Jeep's ailments.
Bigger tires ya I am all for that then get dealer to re-program the tire size/pinion.
Ryan below (like normal) is checking out the headlights....(he got deal on them!)
39282[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• JeepRyanLights.jpg
    JeepRyanLights.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 0

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you got that isolator problem squared away - even better that your mechanic did it for you at no cost. KJ is looking great! :D

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
All About nose Up & Clearance Clarence!

Thanks Jayme, I am also glad he installed the iso's N/C (and threw in conduits while there)
I am liking the new look of my KJ..big time! I finally am up there with Ryan's rig.
39290[/ATTACH]"]

With the 17 inch rims and new 245-75-17 tires, I should gain another inch of clearance, which will be awesome~:smokin:
39292[/ATTACH]"]

Now how fast can I get JBA's 4.5's here?:Bye:

Attachments

• JeepandClevis.jpg
    JeepandClevis.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • JeepMoreGroundClearance.jpg
    JeepMoreGroundClearance.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine shipped Tuesday and just cleared customs, hopefully about one week delivery. Called Marlin before I ordered to make sure I selected the correct USPS Priority International for the package weight/size - a bit more (70$) but no UPS hassles/brokerage and this service has been very fast for me in the past.

EDIT: Question - where is your tire rub happening?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I am starting to Appreciate My KJ Now.

Have a friend with a hummer :poop:and always felt real small.
I am doing better today!:Caffeine:
39294[/ATTACH]"]

Mitch, USPS got that right. Got call into All-J as I am on west Coast...
Hope to have them here with in two weeks. I guess they are open Monday.

Attachments

• JeepandHummer.jpg
    JeepandHummer.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the order in first thing then and call early - maybe he can send them out Monday before end of business if you're lucky? They would go to main hub in NY first so not sure how much more time - they get on a plane from there so two weeks would be tops no?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Will order in the Am for sure,,, need them yesterday!
How tall is my Jeep now?
:mfr_omg:I had to buy a new step stool today to wash roof & reach into basket!
Heavy duty 2 rung step is now a must have!!:gr_grin:
39314[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• StepStoolLite.jpg
    StepStoolLite.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Marlin should be able to ship Tuesday or so, waiting on some bushings right now, get your order in quick though!:whip:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will order in the Am for sure,,, need them yesterday!
How tall is my Jeep now?
:mfr_omg:I had to buy a new step stool today to wash roof & reach into basket!
Heavy duty 2 rung step is now a must have!!:gr_grin:
39322[/ATTACH]"]

Try standing on the rear tire. Works wonders.

Attachments

• StepStoolLite.jpg
    StepStoolLite.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes rear tire does work wonders, especially with one of these!
39324[/ATTACH]"]

(x-mas gift from Ryan & Jen) Thanks!
The new step stool is for packing center areas of jeep basket and washing.

Just placed order from Marlin (jeepinByAL) 4.5 will ship USPS Tuesday:smokin:.
Can't wait!

Attachments

• JeepTireStep.jpg
    JeepTireStep.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the JBAs in the mail when I got home tonight. So less than a week delivery to here. Great service - kudos Marlin - even got a free Jesus DVD. (Package was in rough shape but hey - it's USPS and the gorillas are in mating season prolly).

Got them set up and realized I forgot to buy the missing 26mm socket to torque them! :pp: Lots more done on ARB, wells, rad support, prep/paint and looking at those sway links...

YAWN.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is great that you received the new "red hot" A-Arms!
Post a few more photos Mitch..sounds like you are getting close to having Kj back on road.
What was the date you ordered them, I thought it was more than a week ago.
Nice they showed up at door without extra brokerage fees or taxes.
My guess I will have them around 18-21st of April or 14-17 days?
Sure need them to get that alignment right and Stop the horrible bang (even over mild bumps in road) from spring when it hits the Stock Arms.
Can't wait to drive my jeep once it fixed. Going to be awesome...

Latest posts

Members online