OME 927s vs 790s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj2002vzla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello fellows, hope everyone is doing great!!...first of all sorry because i think this question has been answered before, but, im going t explain my issues with this thread.

I want to gain a little more height on front and i have exhausted all other actions ( custom clevis 1" [i know someone is gonna flame me lol], top plates) and im sitting near 22,75 or a little higher and i want to be right in the edge (23,25-23,5) because i have the rear jba 4" springs and it is sitting 23.5 both sides on the rear, i love the ironaman springs but i always seen ironman not lifting to much on front...so i will buy some new coil springs to the front and i´ve been asking some people which model should i order, i want the 790 because i like a stiff ride, i dont care about that at all, im wondering which model because the lower ball joints, here where i live ( venezuela) almost every street is like been off road in the us and anywhere else, and things like the highway camber is backwards, so my two final questions are, handling 790s vs 927s and lower ball joints durability 790s vs 927s.

thank you all and i hope i explained myself

PS: i have an arb type bullbar, is not as heavy as the original arb but it is heavy, and i dont know if this change anything ill be adding a komodo dragon rear bumper...thanks a lot!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IF you have an aftermarket bumper and winch then 790s ( get that large clevis out of there !! flame over ha ha )
If only lighter aftermarket bumper then 927s would do better, you want a spring to give on the roads you have not be so stiff they will not flex.
I have ran both 927s/790s and also the Ironman

kj2002vzla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IF you have an aftermarket bumper and winch then 790s ( get that large clevis out of there !! flame over ha ha )
If only lighter aftermarket bumper then 927s would do better, you want a spring to give on the roads you have not be so stiff they will not flex.
I have ran both 927s/790s and also the Ironman

haha thanks tom, i knew the flame was coming sooner or later lmao...im planning to add a winch but not right away, maybe a year or so but theres no ome 790s for sale down here so i dont know if im gonna be able to order the 790s later cause this country is a mess and i dont know what´s gonna happen with it, my bumper is around 40kgs (89 lbs) so i isnt as heavy as the arb but still pretty heavy...so i forget about the lower ball joints thing for this matter i guess...about the flex, dont think it´s noticeable the difference between the ironman or the 927 and the 790s ( if im wrong please teach me lol i dont know much about the ifs flex, every day we learn something new )

as always...thanks again tom!! appreciate it!!

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im haviing a real time with the 927 with ARB and winch....major sag...Im barely breaking stock height with frankenlift with under 1500 miles....go 790

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ran 100,000 miles with 927s up front and ARB etc, sagged 3/4 of an inch max over that time

Bmxer524

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that 23.25-23.5" right about 4" maybe a little more on KJs? I would think you would have problems with the a-arms hitting the springs at that point instead of worrying about the balljoints. If that's the height you want, maybe buying JBA adjust-a-struts might be better. Tom can/will correct me if I'm wrong lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't that 23.25-23.5" right about 4" maybe a little more on KJs? I would think you would have problems with the a-arms hitting the springs at that point instead of worrying about the balljoints. If that's the height you want, maybe buying JBA adjust-a-struts might be better. Tom can/will correct me if I'm wrong lol

Yes you are correct he will have all kinds of spring/ UCA contact on every little bump. JBA coil overs will take care of that for sure, but will still be almost too high. He'd be better off getting the coilovers and sitting them at 22.75-23 at most

kj2002vzla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you are correct he will have all kinds of spring/ UCA contact on every little bump. JBA coil overs will take care of that for sure, but will still be almost too high. He'd be better off getting the coilovers and sitting them at 22.75-23 at most

i would love to buy the JBA coil overs with the fox setup but even the regular ones are too expensive for me...im trying to save up for the coilovers but its a hard task, the minimun wage here is 60 bucks lol im sitting 23 on front i just want to get the extra 0.5", even with the actual height i have i dont have a-arm/coil contact...