OME 132 vs. OME 132L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
N132L's........................
You must be registered for see images attach

^^ quoted from his post above, stating he was running 132Ls in this photo
He compared the regular 132 (with the first photo in his post) and the longer "L" in this one which is the same photo as what "Dude" posted
He clearly is SFA, so maybe it was a typo but those are the shocks he said he was running so I'm just quoting from him

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[
He compared the regular 132 (with the first photo in his post) and the longer "L" in this one which is the same photo as what "Dude" posted
He clearly is SFA, so maybe it was a typo but those are the shocks he said he was running so I'm just quoting from him

You must have not seen this.....................

Over exaggerated but(and not actual correct N132 vs N132L's) you'll get the idea that longer travel shocks allow for more droop(or articulation)..................

Used 2 different pics,1 with more articulation then the other to show what articulation is since the OP did not know.

Oh and my rear shocks on my SFA KJ is 1/2" longer travel then the N132L's so a pretty good comparison.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
N132L's........................
You must be registered for see images attach

For those of us who have known Troy for several years , well we know :icon_razz:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have not seen this.....................

Used 2 different pics,1 with more articulation then the other to show what articulation is since the OP did not know.

Oh and my rear shocks on my SFA KJ is 1/2" longer travel then the N132L's so a pretty good comparison.

Dang. I couldn't get the Bilsteins (JBA's 4" lift version) to flex out that much. That's crazy. Any other work done in the rear to get it to droop that low? Looks like my 4" springs would fall right out of place with that much flex.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang. I couldn't get the Bilsteins to flex out that much. That's crazy. Any other work done in the rear to get it to droop that low? Looks like my 4" springs would fall right out of place with that much flex.

There are other limiting factors on the KJ, remember he has long arms etc

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other limiting factors on the KJ, remember he has long arms etc

Yeah without my shocks the axle hangs by the brake line...so I know for a fact shocks are the limiting factor. My UCA flexes like no other. So much better than a UCA with bushings. I always thought LCAs rotated downward without limit (since the metal sleeve rotates around the LCA bolt) if they aren't attached to anything besides the body. I don't really remember if they did that, or the bushing kept them from rotating too much.

Regardless I still want to get the adjustable WJ LCAs and try them. I don't need them MUCH longer...but would be nice to lengthen them out just a hair for pinion angle. I can get creative with the fenders on full stuff.

You can barely see it...but at 0:03 in this video, my back driver's wheel comes off the ground and I don't have nearly the amount of travel that I would like. Would really love to find another shock option.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqsv3m5t2nlr2z1/20170226_135948.mp4?dl=0

And in this photo, I'm at about max flex:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oayr37pvhd4erk6/20170226_110119.jpg?dl=0

I like the Monroes for sure. But they're just not long enough for offroad flex and what not. Great for on-road driving though.

Last edited:

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I dig up funds in the back yard, anyone ever have issues with OME install because they discovered their Mopar hardware, plates, etc. on the OME conversion was not in good enough condition and they had to hunt down replacement parts?

I would think at that point, a call to AllJ's for the rest of the materials to convert kit to the FrankenLift II would be an option. Or call out to install centers for parts out of their scrap barrel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
While I dig up funds in the back yard, anyone ever have issues with OME install because they discovered their Mopar hardware, plates, etc. on the OME conversion was not in good enough condition and they had to hunt down replacement parts?

I would think at that point, a call to AllJ's for the rest of the materials to convert kit to the FrankenLift II would be an option. Or call out to install centers for parts out of their scrap barrel.

Like what ?
I've installed lifts on KJs that had less than 20,000 miles and one that had over 175,000, besides typical things like ball joints, ujoints etc not much unless you want to install new isolaters
If you go Frankelift will still be using the rear iso's , plus would definitely need the JBA UCAs since it will give you over 3.75 inches of lift

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If your looking for new isolators, they got mopar ones on rock auto. Found the moog ones were pretty not great.

keep your "strut" mounts to reuse.

Srtpete

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead but I'm stumped looking for an OME kit. 60069 widely available. But I'm going with 2.5 inch lift so i need the 132L, can not find them anywhere

JeepinSteve

Reaction score
They had stopped making them, but check with ALLJs ( www.boulderbars.com )
I contacted All Js. Your correct, they don't make the 132L anymore. Tom, is there a Bilstein (or any other brand) long travel rear shock you could reccomend in place of the 132L that you think would work well with an out of the box OME lift on an 2004 KJ.

Thanks in advance. Steve

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I contacted All Js. Your correct, they don't make the 132L anymore. Tom, is there a Bilstein (or any other brand) long travel rear shock you could reccomend in place of the 132L that you think would work well with an out of the box OME lift on an 2004 KJ.

Thanks in advance. Steve
99-04 Dodge Dakota 4WD Club Cab , yes must be 4 WD/ Club Cab etc
thats one that works

2TALL1

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with OME US headquarters in Washington and they are still making the N132L's the next shipment is expected in mid January 2022.
He said they don't have any orders placed at this time.
So if you put a order in say like 4WP they will get it to you. at some point.
At least they are still making them......

Srtpete

Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with OME US headquarters in Washington and they are still making the N132L's the next shipment is expected in mid January 2022.
He said they don't have any orders placed at this time.
So if you put a order in say like 4WP they will get it to you. at some point.
At least they are still making them......
Thanks for the heads up!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I too was a bit confused as I had just ordered and received a pair of N132L recently.

Latest posts

Members online