OME 132 vs. OME 132L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 60069 Nitrocharger Sport

Are these the correct shocks to buy for ome 1.5" lift? If I buy these I have to buy the sports for the front too correct? Even though the 60069 are stock length, if I do not plan on going any higher than the coil lift then this is the correct length rear shock correct?

Last edited:

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the shock numbers on the FAQ I read were outdated and the 132 is now a 60069? Would the 60069 rear shock be good for the OME 1.5" lift?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 132L is for the 2.5" OME lift kit (websites say it gives you 1.5" but really gives 2.5")
132 or 600069 is stock length so any higher than stock you'll want extended shocks or they could top out and blow them if extended hard
Note as I said before, it is displayed as a 1.5" lift for Australian purposes but it actually gives you 2.5" so you will NEED extended rear shocks
Bilstein's are a great and cheaper option as well when it comes to shocks

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 132L is for the 2.5" OME lift kit (websites say it gives you 1.5" but really gives 2.5")
132 or 600069 is stock length so any higher than stock you'll want extended shocks or they could top out and blow them if extended hard

So I do not want the 600069 for the 2.5" (1.5") coil lift then...That was all confusing me...thanks for your time.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was confusing you? Or you were confused before?
Stock length shock (132/600069) will top out and blow if used with lifted OME 2.5" (1.5" on websites) springs

sparky27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was confusing you? Or you were confused before?
Stock length shock (132/600069) will top out and blow if used with lifted OME 2.5" (1.5" on websites) springs

Yes I was confused prior to reading your comment. Thanks for the clarification I didn't want to buy the wrong part!! :)

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note as I said before, it is displayed as a 1.5" lift for Australian purposes but it actually gives you 2.5" so you will NEED extended rear shocks
Bilstein's are a great and cheaper option as well when it comes to shocks

Are you sure you are right on that? Both JeepInbyAl and AllJ use the OME927/948 coils but JeepInByAl uses the 600069 and AllJ uses the OWE132L.

I would think JeepInByAl wouldn't use the 600069 if there was issues. I do see it is comparable to the 132 (not 132L). So I wonder why they are using the 600069? Anyone know the answer?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you are right on that? Both JeepInbyAl and AllJ use the OME927/948 coils but JeepInByAl uses the 600069 and AllJ uses the OWE132L.

I would think JeepInByAl wouldn't use the 600069 if there was issues. I do see it is comparable to the 132 (not 132L). So I wonder why they are using the 600069? Anyone know the answer?

AllJ's has sole rights to sell N132L's in the states and why no one else has them.

The difference between N132's and N132L's is the N132L's are about 1.5" longer.You will loose rear articulation using N132's since they are only like 1/4" longer then stock shocks.

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loss of articulation. Ok explain what that is. I assume the difference makes the AllJ's better choice over the other. and the reason it is about $100 more.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loss of articulation. Ok explain what that is. I assume the difference makes the AllJ's better choice over the other. and the reason it is about $100 more.

Loss of articulation means that the axle and/or wheel will stop moving... when your rear axle articulates, for example, that is when it moves up or down, on either side or altogether.

Articulation in this context is simply a term that means able to move, a joint, or flexible section.

Your elbows and knees are articulation points for your body. This is different than what "articulation" means in the context of phonetics; where it refers to the decisive pronunciation of words and letter sounds to be clear and understandable.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over exaggerated but(and not actual correct N132 vs N132L's) you'll get the idea that longer travel shocks allow for more droop(or articulation)..................

N132's........................
You must be registered for see images attach

N132L's........................
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
AllJ's has sole rights to sell N132L's in the states and why no one else has them.

The difference between N132's and N132L's is the N132L's are about 1.5" longer.You will loose rear articulation using N132's since they are only like 1/4" longer then stock shocks.

JBA did in fact for a long time carry the 132Ls
but currently unavailable , he's checking again

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought it meant. So reading into this, N132L is the preferred so at this time All'J is the preferred kit.

That's creeping up their close to other preassembled spring kits that start at about $1,200. Boss Lady is giving me the eye too. The boss is ok with the OME kits vs AutoZone/Napa inferior path since it is only a few hundred more. But being a family man and limited funds going past the OME kits of $850 is cost prohibited on a Jeep that has cancer but a newer rebuild engine/******. This is going to be my son's vehicle. We are digging deep to come up with the funds. It stinks working for a nonprofit. No profit.

Can't complain on the investment of OME vs OEM as it is close in price. Plus I have original coils and shocks at 255,000. Sways slightly when driving :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I thought it meant. So reading into this, N132L is the preferred so at this time All'J is the preferred kit.

That's creeping up their close to other preassembled spring kits that start at about $1,200. Boss Lady is giving me the eye too. The boss is ok with the OME kits vs AutoZone/Napa inferior path since it is only a few hundred more. But being a family man and limited funds going past the OME kits of $850 is cost prohibited on a Jeep that has cancer but a newer rebuild engine/******. This is going to be my son's vehicle. We are digging deep to come up with the funds. It stinks working for a nonprofit. No profit.

Can't complain on the investment of OME vs OEM as it is close in price. Plus I have original coils and shocks at 255,000. Sways slightly when driving :D

No doesn't mean ALLJs is the preferred kit at all. Granted its a good kit but not one you have to buy and I'm checking now to even see if they can get them or not
Working for Non Profits is great, I did over 27 years working for them, everything from Grant Writer ( for cities and local governments ) , Executive Director ( of a Community Action Agency ) to Compliance Analyst ( with the State of Ohio ) .

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I have been the ED for a 300 acre park system here in northern Indiana for 26 years. It helps if u liked term papers in college when writing grants. I have a 90+% success rate.

U asked about buying my jeep a few yrs back when the valve dropped on the piston. Body was clean. Murphy's law you sink in a rebuilt engine and the ****** goes out. U rebuild the ****** and cancer appears.

One question I would have is if the 132L's are hard to find, why would one go with them with the chance of not being able to replace them when they age out. I suppose one could go with a Bilstein. I am just looking to get a good ride and modest lift. Not many demanding bolders and back country in northern Indiana. My off roading consist of driving through a prairie, foodplot, snow, and once in a while a wet area that requires a tractor to recover u :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ya I have been the ED for a 300 acre park system here in northern Indiana for 26 years. It helps if u liked term papers in college when writing grants. I have a 90+% success rate.

U asked about buying my jeep a few yrs back when the valve dropped on the piston. Body was clean. Murphy's law you sink in a rebuilt engine and the ****** goes out. U rebuild the ****** and cancer appears.

One question I would have is if the 132L's are hard to find, why would one go with them with the chance of not being able to replace them when they age out. I suppose one could go with a Bilstein. I am just looking to get a good ride and modest lift. Not many demanding bolders and back country in northern Indiana. My off roading consist of driving through a prairie, foodplot, snow, and once in a while a wet area that requires a tractor to recover u :D

The Bilsteins are a very good shock, I've installed a lot of them with OME fronts. Years back we had the RSX line from Rancho which I felt was a great shock, valved just right and rode great but they did away with them .
I left a message with Heather ( AllJs ) to see if they can still get them.
Yes I remember you now !
Thats cool you are over a park like that, hopefully means you can get out every now and again to enjoy it

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the text above the picture, he had 132Ls

Latest posts

Members online