Odd Electrical Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 V6 LTD, 4WD, auto., 166,000 miles, mostly trouble free.

Cold outside. Started it up the other day. Everything was fine, except I had no turn signals or electric windows, or radio, or heater. Found no blown fuses, either in the cabin or in that covered box behind the radiator. Nothing obviously loose.

Next time I started it up, everything was back.

A few days later, it happened again.

For the last few days it has been fine.

Ideas?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be a bad ignition switch. The other thing is that it could be a bad fuse pack under the hood. It may look okay but the only real way to know is the do a continuity test.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignition switch sounds likely. Jiggle the key around when it happens and see if that helps.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be a bad ignition switch. The other thing is that it could be a bad fuse pack under the hood. It may look okay but the only real way to know is the do a continuity test.

All I did so far was to press down (lightly) on the underhood ones, to see if any were loose. Nothing felt weird, but who knows.

Can't recall if they are marked, but will get out my beeping continuity meter if it happens again.

Ignition switch sounds likely. Jiggle the key around when it happens and see if that helps.

Hmm. Will do.

Thank you both for the suggestions!

It seemed as though the same group of items were un-powered both times this has happened, FWIW.