2006 jeep liberty sport no bus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeppoundingnc98

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty sport
A few days ago I went out to start it like normal because the wife had an ultrasound I put the key in to start as normal and it started but stalled after a few seconds and all warning lights came on and the cluster displayed a “no bus” and I noticed the fuel guage wasn’t responding when key turned on. message we took my old backup car. When I got back home about 8 hrs later I checked it and it started and ran fine like normal and none of the previous symptoms were present. I drove it yesterday as normal everything was perfectly fine. Drove it again this morning and again everything was normal. I went out earlier and the symptoms have returned started but stalled a few seconds later warning lights came on little red security light and “no bus” message. The only common thing that sticks out to me is both times it’s done this it was raining outside. Also checked for codes and it had code u110e present. Any help would be greatly appreciated this is my daily driver for my family to get around my wife is due in less than a month with our little girl.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a sign of ignition switch issue and the computer isn't getting power

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As per all data with U110e possible causes are:
Can c bus circuit open or shorted
Body control module
Pcm

Set condition:
The pcm doesn't receive the ambient temperature signal over the can c bus from the bcm.

Hope this helps

steamman

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty sport
A few days ago I went out to start it like normal because the wife had an ultrasound I put the key in to start as normal and it started but stalled after a few seconds and all warning lights came on and the cluster displayed a “no bus” and I noticed the fuel guage wasn’t responding when key turned on. message we took my old backup car. When I got back home about 8 hrs later I checked it and it started and ran fine like normal and none of the previous symptoms were present. I drove it yesterday as normal everything was perfectly fine. Drove it again this morning and again everything was normal. I went out earlier and the symptoms have returned started but stalled a few seconds later warning lights came on little red security light and “no bus” message. The only common thing that sticks out to me is both times it’s done this it was raining outside. Also checked for codes and it had code u110e present. Any help would be greatly appreciated this is my daily driver for my family to get around my wife is due in less than a month with our little girl.
I had same problem once. look under driver floor mat at the metal floor. look for broken wires or water in there. dry it up if its wet. That may be your problem.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a Diesel or petrol 2006 KJ?

Reason I ask is that the 2006 CRD has a problem whereby there are possible shorts to chassis on the LHS where the main harness goes behind the battery...I believe this only applies to the CRD but I may be wrong!

Remove the bracket in that area and inspect the harness for any breaks in insulation where the wires scape onto the chassis.:oops: