New wheels for the Jeep.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
UPDATE ON PAGE TWO-

Here we go.. finally gonna buy my first set of wheels and get rid of my crap ass factory wheels which are rusting as they sit on the Jeep.

I'm going to be purchasing these wheels pretty much as soon as I get some input from this thread..

I'm going for http://www.quadratec.com/products/92613_05XX_B_PG.htm

my question-- 16x7 with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and 4" backspacing..

Are these wheels going to stick out any farther than factory? or will they be a direct replacement and fit just as the stock wheels did?

Gonna order 5 of them. 360 shipped. Scrap yard wants 90 dollars for a factory steel wheel, without center cap or lug nuts..

Last edited:

Dave08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll stick out, check out any of the kjs with cragar's and thats the usual size/ back spacing

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll stick out some. I've soft 8's with in a 15x8 with 4" back spacing.
Good thing you decided to go with the 16's. I'm pretty tight to the caliper with the 15s. The first pic shows how far the wheels stick out and the second shows the caliper clearance with 15 inch wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_1075 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1075 (Large).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1116 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1116 (Large).JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 6

Midgear

Reaction score
holy crap.. yea I'm glad I went with the 16's LOL- you couldn't stick a razor blade in between that caliper and the wheel!

Midgear

Reaction score
Just ordered 5 wheels.. Going to need a 5th tire when the wheels get here. total comes to $359.94

will post pictures when they arrive!

Spidey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it has been asked and posted before, but what tire size are you running ptsb5a?

[edit]Nevermind haha, I see it in the picture.. (biggrin)

Midgear

Reaction score
aww.. those wheels I ordered are on backorder. phack.

oh well, at least they haven't charged me for them yet, they should get a shipment in thursday or friday they say.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Will give $10 a wheel for your sorry ass stock wheels. PM,post up, whatever.

Boiler

Reaction score
What tires and lift are you going to have? I don't know for sure but I would think shifting the tires outward 1.5" would cause stock tires to hit the pinch weld or the front of the wheel wells if you're not lifted. Lifted with that style rim and 30.5" tires I had to trim a ton off the bumper and still need to do some work to stop rubbing, and that is not flexed.

Midgear

Reaction score
If I rub, I'll trim and cut and pound untill it doesn't rub.. now if it's just slight rubbing, I can live with that till I'm lifted.

I was hoping to go with OME HD springs and rancho's, unless ranchos vanish in the next month. Might go with bilsteins if I absolutely can't find the ranchos.

or I could talk to my advance auto parts store here.. I'm a "popular" customer. mabey they can order me in a set and hold them till I've got the money to pay for em lol.

might do clevis, rear spring isolators, and the top strut spacer too. hoping to fit 265/75/16's on there provided I achieve enough lift. Am I going to need to get aftermarket UCA's ?

Midgear

Reaction score
got a question.. should I just set these wheels to the side and wait for a lift and wrap the wheels with my choice of tire and then install the lift / wheels with tires on them all at the same time?

or-

take the Jeep down to the shop and get the 4 tires I have transfered to the new wheels, and buy a 5th stock size tire and put it on the 5th wheel and mount it on the back, and drive around like that untill I can afford the bigger tires and a lift? my tires I have now are brand new with little to no treadwear at all.

at 5 dollars a tire to swap onto the other wheel, I think putting the wheels on as soon as I get them wouldn't be a bad idea.. people at work are givin me shit sayin I should wait till I have money for bigger tires and THEN put the new wheels on..

I don't see the problem with driving around with me new wheels on with stock size tires.. lol. and hell, doing that means I can get rid of my old wheels, which I could probly sell to someone here if they want em. keep in mind they're in bad shape.. they balance good and are straight, but they need some serious cosmetic help.

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll love the way they look. I really like those black center caps. I have the chrome caps on my soft 8's, but a couple of them are rusting pretty badly and will get replaced when I do my suspension upgrade.

Midgear

Reaction score
Man the stance looks 100% better. they rub on the front bumper and they just barely squeak against the pinch weld.. I need lift now eek2.gif

I'll get more pics of it sitting on the ground.. I was in a hurry and had to go to work.