New to the KJ - Looking for advice on purchasing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought it in VT, there's no lemon law. The dealer will take care of it, but getting it there is going to be annoying. It's 1.5 hours away and I'd need to leave it. I have tried loosening and re-tightening the gas cap, but I'm still seeing the light.

Also I think a caliper is seized. They did put new pads/rotors on it, but the drivers side rear isn't doing anything I don't think. Which is odd given how clean the caliper looks compared to my Civic which has seen lots of salt and has a torn piston boot.

Yikes. Good luck man. One thing about liberty's is that they can be a bit touchy until you get to know them. I'm sure once you get it straightened out it will be a gem.

Edit: And if you do get it straightened out and want to do any mods I'd be more than happy to help. You are really only a scoot away from MA.

Last edited:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer agreed to fix it, fine..if the gas cap is not it...then replace the Leak Detector Pump back by the tank...if that fails, then the Purge Solenoid up by the battery....

ryboto

Reaction score
Yikes. Good luck man. One thing about liberty's is that they can be a bit touchy until you get to know them. I'm sure once you get it straightened out it will be a gem.

Edit: And if you do get it straightened out and want to do any mods I'd be more than happy to help. You are really only a scoot away from MA.

Nice, thanks. All the Civic Si guys that have helped me out are in MA too.

The Liberty has low miles, so I'm hoping once this gets fixed and I'm able to do a fluid/plug/filter tune up, it'll be good to me for quite a while.

If the dealer agreed to fix it, fine..if the gas cap is not it...then replace the Leak Detector Pump back by the tank...if that fails, then the Purge Solenoid up by the battery....

Well, I think that's the route I'll go. If it were just the gas cap, I'd say screw it and play with the caliper myself. But it hasn't gone away, so I'll just let them deal with both.

ryboto

Reaction score
Aside from these immediate repairs, I plan on doing tires before winter, as the ones it's got are cracked and dry rotted. Was going to consider the All Terrain T/A KO2, or a Nokian all season as my uncle deals in them...not sure yet. Also wasn't sure on size.

Latest posts

Members online