New HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Before, the time when my KK was stock and still had new car smell!!:eek:,

You must be registered for see images attach

After some mods,

After HID's

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to put my shades on to just look at the pic......:cool:

Dave

onlyina

Reaction score
Digger,now that you have had the HID's for a week or so,what do you think ? I need to get more powerful lights as half my 50 mile ride to and from work is on unlit streets.I was looking at the Bi-Xenon as they have Xenon on the high beam also.Seeing as the headlamps on the KK are a single bulb system would you recomend the Bi's for someone that does not have the extra lights like you have on your roof ?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, those are some huge mud flaps!

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Digger,now that you have had the HID's for a week or so,what do you think ? I need to get more powerful lights as half my 50 mile ride to and from work is on unlit streets.I was looking at the Bi-Xenon as they have Xenon on the high beam also.Seeing as the headlamps on the KK are a single bulb system would you recomend the Bi's for someone that does not have the extra lights like you have on your roof ?

I really like the regs. I would probably say yes to the bi's if you don't plan on adding any extra lights. Best thing about this system was it was super easy to install! Pm me if you want to know the place I got them through....

onlyina

Reaction score
I decided that the regs. would be ok as there is seldom a time that I can use my highs for more than a minute.I ordered them today from Hidgate(I think that's where you got yours) and will have them installed over the weekend.Did they send you the Relay/Harness they recommend for all Jeeps?

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Yeah, I got them from HIDGate... All that I was going to tell you was to call them... You save a little bit than if you got them off of ebay...

Yep, got the relay harness. lay out every thing before you pull your KK apart. You will find that there is one plug that you don't use. Also, there is a "pocket" right next to the radiator on the insides of the light pockets that will hold the ballast nicely. There is a threaded post that you can bolt the ballast mount to......

onlyina

Reaction score
Thanks,I did call and saved a few bucks per your post on L.O.S.T.Install was fairly simple.Could not find the threaded post you mentioned and ended up mounting ballasts on the inner fenders up high with the wire connectors facing down. I ran the right side wire from the relay through the core support upper tie bar.Although this is not rocket science I would have thought they would send a diagram for the relay wiring.I see what you mean by laying out everything.Well they fired up on first attempt,waiting for it to get dark.Thanks for the tips.