My 11 kk wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devinweaverling

Reaction score
So i bought this car little over a year ago and the odo has 108xxx on it. i had problems starting it 20% of the time other times it would fire right up. i figured it was the starter. so i changed it. that made it start better but did not fix the problem. i took it to auto zone to get the alternator tested and i went to start it and nothing wouldn't start for 3 hours killed their jump starter twice and had my wife come try and jump start me. and still nothing. finally i broke down and called AAA and they towed me home. after i got the car in the drive it fired right up. same yesterday fired right up???????? how do i fix this!!!!!!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a VOM meter? What is the battery voltage reading. It should read 12.6 volts. How old is battery?
It also could be the starter relay, or possibly the ignition switch itself.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always suggest starting with the basics by checking the battery voltage and charge level (preferably with BOTH a load tester and battery hygrometer if possible) and ALSO all of the battery connections for cleanliness and tightness. Of course you should also inspect ALL ground connections from battery to the frame and engine, as well as the starter wire and connection.

Once those potential issues are checked and/or fixed, you can move on to more diagnosis if the problem still persists.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it cranks but doesn’t start? Or does it just click or do nothing when you turn the key?

OldJoe

Reaction score
So i bought this car little over a year ago and the odo has 108xxx on it. i had problems starting it 20% of the time other times it would fire right up. i figured it was the starter. so i changed it. that made it start better but did not fix the problem. i took it to auto zone to get the alternator tested and i went to start it and nothing wouldn't start for 3 hours killed their jump starter twice and had my wife come try and jump start me. and still nothing. finally i broke down and called AAA and they towed me home. after i got the car in the drive it fired right up. same yesterday fired right up???????? how do i fix this!!!!!!
Also had a "crank/ no start" problem. Even though the ASD fuse and relay metered OK, I replaced them and that seems to have fixed the problem. Worst thing would be you have and extra fuse and relay.

devinweaverling

Reaction score
Do you have a VOM meter? What is the battery voltage reading. It should read 12.6 volts. How old is battery?
It also could be the starter relay, or possibly the ignition switch itself.
i do not have a VOM meter but i know the battery is good in my thread i left out that bought a new battery to try and get me home and still nothing.

devinweaverling

Reaction score
I always suggest starting with the basics by checking the battery voltage and charge level (preferably with BOTH a load tester and battery hygrometer if possible) and ALSO all of the battery connections for cleanliness and tightness. Of course you should also inspect ALL ground connections from battery to the frame and engine, as well as the starter wire and connection.

Once those potential issues are checked and/or fixed, you can move on to more diagnosis if the problem still persists.
the battery connections are all good the ground suggestions i have to look into trying to find something on the web to help me locate them. how many are there?

devinweaverling

Reaction score
Also had a "crank/ no start" problem. Even though the ASD fuse and relay metered OK, I replaced them and that seems to have fixed the problem. Worst thing would be you have and extra fuse and relay.
whats the ASD fude and relay