Need help with my first KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merchant8909

Reaction score
I have had a few jeeps before and just got a new JK my girlfriend wanted to get onboard with my jeep addiction and just got a 04 2wd KJ.... I was really trying to find her a 4x4 even more the a diesel it just didnt work out that way and she found a great deal on the one she got.....
Now i need help because i dont know anything about a KJ (just found out thats what they were) I want to find a lift hopefully a budget boost because I dont want to toss a bunch of cash into lifting a 2wd so im hoping i can do a budget boost and a wheel spacer adapter and go from 5x4.5 to 5x5 and put my stock JK takeoffs on her jeep, can we do this and fit the jk rubber????

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had a few jeeps before and just got a new JK my girlfriend wanted to get onboard with my jeep addiction and just got a 04 2wd KJ.... I was really trying to find her a 4x4 even more the a diesel it just didnt work out that way and she found a great deal on the one she got.....
Now i need help because i dont know anything about a KJ (just found out thats what they were) I want to find a lift hopefully a budget boost because I dont want to toss a bunch of cash into lifting a 2wd so im hoping i can do a budget boost and a wheel spacer adapter and go from 5x4.5 to 5x5 and put my stock JK takeoffs on her jeep, can we do this and fit the jk rubber????
I answered your other post
to run those tires and wheels you'll need at least 3-3.5 inches of lift
full spring lift with new shocks and you'll be good
cheaper in the long run than a spacer lift
I am assuming you want a good ride after you lift it

merchant8909

Reaction score
I answered your other post
to run those tires and wheels you'll need at least 3-3.5 inches of lift
full spring lift with new shocks and you'll be good
cheaper in the long run than a spacer lift
I am assuming you want a good ride after you lift it

ahh.... well crap i didnt know you had to put so much lift on these things to get that size tire under it. Thanks anyways