Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matthew200116

Reaction score
Hey there so 3 or 4 months ago I got a 2002 3.7 v6 jeep liberty recently it has Been put out of commission as the timing chain snapped and spent a while figuring it out but I also noticed my balance shaft sprocket came loose i replaced the timing chain and sprockets(just decided to re tighten balance sprocket) had it running for a good bit then and noticed it was a little rough so redid the timing and was just shaking a lot went to pull out the drive not thinking much about it and it just died on me starting to get really tired of taring it apart as this will be my third time just wondering if anyone has delt with similar issues and what might be causing it

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I don't have the 3.7 so I can't help much. Maybe a broken rocker/lifter? Out of time with the balancer?

Youtuber "I do cars" did a tear-down video of the 3.7. He's not going to tell you how to time it though. Great way to see the guts of your engine!

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the 3.7 so I can't help much. Maybe a broken rocker/lifter? Out of time with the balancer?

Youtuber "I do cars" did a tear-down video of the 3.7. He's not going to tell you how to time it though. Great way to see the guts of your engine!
That guy is pretty good at getting into the engine. Going to have to look for that one!

Members online

No members online now.