Need help with 05 Liberty lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty Lift

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new so bare with me please. So I'm basing my jeep off of this picture I found that I think looks really nice. I was wondering if you guys could tell me where I could find all the exterior accessories he has on it. All I've been able to find is what lift kit he used and what size. Any help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 2moo94y.jpg
    2moo94y.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 73

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new so bare with me please. So I'm basing my jeep off of this picture I found that I think looks really nice. I was wondering if you guys could tell me where I could find all the exterior accessories he has on it. All I've been able to find is what lift kit he used and what size. Any help would be much appreciated

Not much done really, renegade edition or at least has the light bar from one, front bumper is just chopped up, wheels and tires, wheels wrong backspacing it looks like, lifted of course

Doesn't even have skid plates on it

But there is a TON of info onlifts on here and LOSTJEEPs
stick with Ironman, OME or Jeepinbyals adjustable coilover kits
Do it right the first time and be done
wheels 16X7 with 4 inches of backspacing work best when lifted, with 3 inches of lift ( easy to do ) you can run 245-75-16s, you'll lose some power but can get by depending on where you live.

IMO better looking KJs out there but to each his own, if thats the look you like easy to get there
With wheels/ tires/ lift alone you will be looking at least 1800-2000 even if you do the lift install by yourself

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Tom already gave you good info. There's a lot of good lift threads on here with what works best so you don't waste your money on lousy stuff.

Dave

Liberty Lift

Reaction score
Not much done really, renegade edition or at least has the light bar from one, front bumper is just chopped up, wheels and tires, wheels wrong backspacing it looks like, lifted of course

Doesn't even have skid plates on it

But there is a TON of info onlifts on here and LOSTJEEPs
stick with Ironman, OME or Jeepinbyals adjustable coilover kits
Do it right the first time and be done
wheels 16X7 with 4 inches of backspacing work best when lifted, with 3 inches of lift ( easy to do ) you can run 245-75-16s, you'll lose some power but can get by depending on where you live.

IMO better looking KJs out there but to each his own, if thats the look you like easy to get there
With wheels/ tires/ lift alone you will be looking at least 1800-2000 even if you do the lift install by yourself
Yeah I have been thinking of going with OME but I haven't looked into Ironman much. Well thanks for the advice much appreciated!

jeepkjrenagade

Reaction score
Jeep Liberty Lift Kit: Budget Lift for Jeep Liberty, 2002 and newer - Also fits Dodge Nitro 2007 and newer.
^probably best lift kit made at that price (i just bought one)
>good luck finding a bumper but if your gonna go on that search just google Jeep liberty KJ Bumper and the first 3 pages should provide you with something close
>i also recommend getting a light bar (recommend 40in but you will have to make custom mounts) and led fog lights (05-07 renegade offers mounts as standard equip but you should be able to mount them to new bumper)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Both OME ( 927 -948 spring combo) and the Ironman HD works great.
Ironman gets you 2.25 and OME 2.5 with no extras added
have had both on mine and wouldn't recommend them if they didn't pass my test

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep Liberty Lift Kit: Budget Lift for Jeep Liberty, 2002 and newer - Also fits Dodge Nitro 2007 and newer.
>good luck finding a bumper but if your gonna go on that search just google Jeep liberty KJ Bumper and the first 3 pages should provide you with something close
>i also recommend getting a light bar (recommend 40in but you will have to make custom mounts) and led fog lights (05-07 renegade offers mounts as standard equip but you should be able to mount them to new bumper)

"Best lift kit at that price" isn't really much of an endorsement. I could lift mine another inch just by spending $20 on longer bolts and a piece of thick plastic but that doesn't make it a good lift.

That "budget lift" is the best lift for the price to destroy the springs you already have. Extending the length of the front shock/spring assembly doesn't fix the primary issue of sagged/shot springs and worn out shocks.

It's difficult to be patient when modding your first vehicle but take it from some old farts (or at least folks who learned the lesson early)... Save your money to do it right the first time. Your Jeep will handle great, you'll have a real source of pride in a unique vehicle and knowledge of how to do things right.

There's a saying: "I'm too poor to be so cheap..." which means if I go cheap I end up spending more to get it right than if I'd spent the money on the good stuff first.

Bob

Signaleer

Reaction score
Both OME ( 927 -948 spring combo) and the Ironman HD works great.
Ironman gets you 2.25 and OME 2.5 with no extras added
have had both on mine and wouldn't recommend them if they didn't pass my test

Ok, I have a KJ2002 original height with 181K miles on it. I tow a sailboat from time to time, and have really never off roaded it, save a few trail drives - nothing rockin, or anything like that.

So, everyone here is saying that the springs are wornout and the shocks too right?

So, (and I have read the FAQ), here's what I have come away with.

1. I need the Jeep Liberty Lift Kit: 2002-07 Jeep Liberty Lift Kit OME Rockfather II and possibly the Deluxe with the upper control arms at 1119. (Can I use my control arms?)

2. I will need additional stuff like bump stops? (I don't even know what they are). Is that another $50 for the kit?

3. A 4X4 shop to install this?

So, to lift the KJ I'm looking at $1200 + Labor? 300? $1500 bucks? Does that sound right? Then I have to put tires on and get an alignment? That's another 1K

Am I looking at $2500?

Ed.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a KJ2002 original height with 181K miles on it. I tow a sailboat from time to time, and have really never off roaded it, save a few trail drives - nothing rockin, or anything like that.

So, everyone here is saying that the springs are wornout and the shocks too right?

So, (and I have read the FAQ), here's what I have come away with.

1. I need the Jeep Liberty Lift Kit:*2002-07 Jeep Liberty Lift Kit OME Rockfather II and possibly the Deluxe with the upper control arms at 1119. (Can I use my control arms?)

MUCH BETTER LIFTS OUT THERE, check Home page

2. I will need additional stuff like bump stops? (I don't even know what they are). Is that another $50 for the kit?
Teraflex front bumpstops, ( again jeepinbyal) rear 2 hockey pucks pere side

3. A 4X4 shop to install this?

MAYBE, some can some have no idea and have really screwed up lifts

So, to lift the KJ I'm looking at $1200 + Labor? 300? $1500 bucks? Does that sound right? Then I have to put tires on and get an alignment? That's another 1K

FULL OME with 927 front and 948 rear springs, plus extended rear shocks, is around 850 or so you will have 2.5 inches of lift and no need for the aftermarket UCAs from again jeepinbyal (WAY better than RRO ) If you want more lift then you can add extras from there
Am I looking at $2500?

Ed.

read above

and yes at 181,000 your springs and shocks have been toast for many a mile
measure in front middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare and give results

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

THE VERY WORST lift you could ever use

Bumpers? lots of choices out there

Signaleer

Reaction score
read above

and yes at 181,000 your springs and shocks have been toast for many a mile
measure in front middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare and give results

So, it looks about 33 inches. the Left Front seems a little lower - closer to 32. I will remeasure to confirm. I don't know if I did this exact on the middle, I will check.

So, how is she sitting?

Ed.

Attachments

• Left Rear.JPG
    Left Rear.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Left Front.JPG
    Left Front.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Right Front.JPG
    Right Front.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Right Rear.JPG
    Right Rear.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 12

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, it looks about 33 inches. the Left Front seems a little lower - closer to 32. I will remeasure to confirm. I don't know if I did this exact on the middle, I will check.

So, how is she sitting?

Ed.

That doesn't seem like it was from the middle of the wheel. This is how to do it.
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

So, how is she sitting?

Ed.

MIDDLE of the wheel means ah well middle of the wheel
But anyways measuring from the ground tells us nothing due to various sizes of tires etc , thats why we do it the way I described

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Middle might be confused with that point between the front and back edges of a wheel, not the center of the wheel. It's harder to confuse "center" in reference to anything round.

Sorry, college boy English major got loose there for a minute. ;)

Signaleer

Reaction score
Left Front: IMG_0735.jpg (79.2 KB) - 18.5
Left Rear: IMG_0736.jpg (77.2 KB) - 19.5
Right Rear: IMG_0737.jpg (79.6 KB) - 19.25
Right Front: IMG_0738.jpg (75.5 KB) - 19.00

I won't say that I wasn't .25 inch off here or there. It was night, but I tried to get them to the center and hold the camera.

It looks like the left front is sagging a bit more, and the fronts in general are slightly lower than the backs. 18.5 to 19.... vs. 19.25 and 19.5 ish.

Now I thought the Rockfather was a completely new spring / new shock lift - was I wrong? I don't really care if I go OME (where do I purchase this) or the JeepbyAl brand. Just need to know what I need to buy so I can budget.

Did I get it right this time?

Attachments

• IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 9

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Middle might be confused with that point between the front and back edges of a wheel, not the center of the wheel. It's harder to confuse "center" in reference to anything round.

Sorry, college boy English major got loose there for a minute. ;)

Interesting, my wife says its proper usage in regards to the way it was used and what we were talking about. But then she only teaches English and Swahili at the university level,........ so she could be wrong:icon_lol:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Left Front: IMG_0735.jpg (79.2 KB) - 18.5
Left Rear: IMG_0736.jpg (77.2 KB) - 19.5
Right Rear: IMG_0737.jpg (79.6 KB) - 19.25
Right Front: IMG_0738.jpg (75.5 KB) - 19.00

I won't say that I wasn't .25 inch off here or there. It was night, but I tried to get them to the center and hold the camera.

It looks like the left front is sagging a bit more, and the fronts in general are slightly lower than the backs. 18.5 to 19.... vs. 19.25 and 19.5 ish.

Now I thought the Rockfather was a completely new spring / new shock lift - was I wrong? I don't really care if I go OME (where do I purchase this) or the JeepbyAl brand. Just need to know what I need to buy so I can budget.

Did I get it right this time?

Drivers side is always lower on the KJs and KKs
I thought yours was an 2002 wasn't it ?
If built before April 12, 2002 then it would of been 19.75, after that 19
Rockfather is a new spring lift BUT with the way they build them, not always sure what shocks and rear springs plus bad customer service its a hit and miss with them
Much better companies that also sell OME and Ironman full spring setups. Look at jeepinbyal and AllJs

Signaleer

Reaction score
It was one of the ones before they lowered them.

So it's down an inch or more in some cases.

I'll call jeepbyal

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, my wife says its proper usage in regards to the way it was used and what we were talking about.
She could be right. I didn't say you were wrong, I said it might be confusing using middle in that context instead of center.

But then she only teaches English and Swahili at the university level,........ so she could be wrong:icon_lol:
:emotions34: It's not a contest. I was only trying to be helpful.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
She could be right. I didn't say you were wrong, I said it might be confusing using middle in that context instead of center.

:emotions34: It's not a contest. I was only trying to be helpful.

Just a joke , nothing more,
another one of those didn't come across the board as I thought it in my head I guess
Stupid internet crap :icon_lol:
Gosh I loved it when you could still joke around with people , the good old days

Last edited: