mmmmmmmm can't wait

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna be interesting to check these out.

Attachments

• Als%2012in%20KJ%20lift%20kit%20001.jpg
    Als%2012in%20KJ%20lift%20kit%20001.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 55

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SHOCKED.gifSHOCKED.gifSHOCKED.gif WOW!!!!! What's with the little meats though? or is it an illusion and there really 35's :D

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock D30a front end is some what weak so putting tires much bigger than 32" could cause failure if pushed hard. Not sure of the tire size on this pic.

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$4900..I'll wait for the Rocklizard SFA kit to come out...Ow if anyone is wondering what this is:

Jeepinbyal 12" lift.

Only problem is that lift will be closer to $6000 and requir at least 10 hours pro install or shop time. 10 hours at $85 an hour is $850 added to the price, not to mention most the axles people choose require a different wheel because of lugs so now your into another set of wheels min $250. Your ABS, speedometer and traction control if so equiped will never work again. :eek: Or will require lots of time and wiring to get working.

Take a look at the build sheets of those who have done the SFA and you will see it costs a lot more money than you think. A real bolt on, use all existing parts and keep everything stock working the way it was meant to is a way better option in my mind.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only problem is that lift will be closer to $6000 and requir at least 10 hours pro install or shop time. 10 hours at $85 an hour is $850 added to the price, not to mention most the axles people choose require a different wheel because of lugs so now your into another set of wheels min $250. Your ABS, speedometer and traction control if so equiped will never work again. :eek: Or will require lots of time and wiring to get working.

Take a look at the build sheets of those who have done the SFA and you will see it costs a lot more money than you think. A real bolt on, use all existing parts and keep everything stock working the way it was meant to is a way better option in my mind.
Not if you can't wheel it.The JBA 12" lift is not going to be a offroad kit,show and shine is what it is for.Why go 12" if you still can not run any lower then 4.10 gears and 32" tires without fear of blowing the D30A to pieces? Your still limited and a Frankinlift would do just the same for less then 1/4 of the cost.

Sure my SFA is going to cost big $$$,but that is in parts alone and the fact that I'm using bullet proof parts(which means big $$$).My speedo will still work,not hard to do and only needs a few wires to do so_Oh and the RL SFA kit will be bolt on besides having to have new mounts welded on the diffs.

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if you can't wheel it.The JBA 12" lift is not going to be a offroad kit,show and shine is what it is for.Why go 12" if you still can not run any lower then 4.10 gears and 32" tires without fear of blowing the D30A to pieces? Your still limited and a Frankinlift would do just the same for less then 1/4 of the cost.

Sure my SFA is going to cost big $$$,but that is in parts alone and the fact that I'm using bullet proof parts(which means big $$$).My speedo will still work,not hard to do and only needs a few wires to do so_Oh and the RL SFA kit will be bolt on besides having to have new mounts welded on the diffs.

DId you just say a SFA kit is going to be "bolt on"? ha ha ha hah :rolleyes: :^o

Dream on dude. No swap is bolt on. I am glad you found a way to fix the speedo, good stuff. Not everyone wants to spend as much money on a lift as there Liberty cost brand new. I accept you want to and think it is cool and your choice. Why must you bash any other option just because it is not the one you choose? I remember a guy coming on LOST with the 7up lift and explaining he had to do a little fixing, but has driven and wheeled his rig all over with no problems. This lift is a different maker different parts, why can't you wait to see what it really does before injecting your own conclusion?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DId you just say a SFA kit is going to be "bolt on"? ha ha ha hah :rolleyes: :^o

Dream on dude. No swap is bolt on. I am glad you found a way to fix the speedo, good stuff. Not everyone wants to spend as much money on a lift as there Liberty cost brand new. I accept you want to and think it is cool and your choice. Why must you bash any other option just because it is not the one you choose? I remember a guy coming on LOST with the 7up lift and explaining he had to do a little fixing, but has driven and wheeled his rig all over with no problems. This lift is a different maker different parts, why can't you wait to see what it really does before injecting your own conclusion?
Yeah and that guy with the 7up kit quickly sold his CRD,kept breaking parts.Oh and the RL SFA will be bolt on besides the stated mounts needed to be welded on the diffs.The custom belly pan will be 100% bolt on(includes new t-case/****** mount),no welding.Will include new cradle with a intergrated steering box plate and upper tracbar mount,again 100% bolt on.Will include front upper coil mounts that bolt into the existing UCA pockets and top strut mount,as before 100% bolt on.There will be bolt on upper rear trackbar mount also,will use threw-bolts with with DOM sleaves,no welding just some drilling.No welding at all besides making the axles ready to mount up and the axles are not included in the kit.

I'm not bashing the JBA lift,it is not ment for offroading.The 7up kit I will bash since it was very poorly designed and now is scraped,thank god.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Troy, Might as well save your breath :rolleyes:some will argue about anything :eek:just to argue. They will learn someday when they come into the real world:D:D:D:D:D

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when Mopar/Skunkworks went about creating the Liberator in 2004, which was meant to be bashed around trails and used, they decided that IFS was just fine and that the goal could be achived without a SFA. It was built as a show rig for SEMA and to show people and manufacurers what could be done with the platform. Guess what it worked great!!.

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/features/jeep/0610_4wd_2004_jeep_liberty_concept/index.html

Then in 2005 the did the Liberator II and guess what.......IFS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8sq1K_I48g

Attachments

• 0610_4wd_02_z+2004_jeep_liberty_concept+front_suspension.jpg
    0610_4wd_02_z+2004_jeep_liberty_concept+front_suspension.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 7
  • SEMA03_51.jpg
    SEMA03_51.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 163_0811_2008_sema_03z+2008_jeep_liberty_limited_liberator_II+.jpg
    163_0811_2008_sema_03z+2008_jeep_liberty_limited_liberator_II+.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 163_0811_2008_sema_04z+2008_jeep_liberty_limited_liberator_II+.jpg
    163_0811_2008_sema_04z+2008_jeep_liberty_limited_liberator_II+.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3

Back-n-Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want to know why some people don't listen to you guys?? Cause you say the same things over and over again with no consideration for any option but the one you have selected for yourself. That makes you bullheaded and stuborn, not a know it all. The minds at Mopar and Jeep are 5 times smarter and more taleted than you guys, and guess what they work with an open mind and try new things. If not everyone would be driving a 1920's model t with wood wheels.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when Mopar/Skunkworks went about creating the Liberator in 2004, which was meant to be bashed around trails and used, they decided that IFS was just fine and that the goal could be achived without a SFA. It was built as a show rig for SEMA and to show people and manufacurers what could be done with the platform. Guess what it worked great!!.

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/features/jeep/0610_4wd_2004_jeep_liberty_concept/index.html

Then in 2005 the did the Liberator II and guess what.......IFS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8sq1K_I48g
The original liberator did not retain the D30A or the 8.25.

You want to know why some people don't listen to you guys?? Cause you say the same things over and over again with no consideration for any option but the one you have selected for yourself. That makes you bullheaded and stuborn, not a know it all. The minds at Mopar and Jeep are 5 times smarter and more taleted than you guys, and guess what they work with an open mind and try new things. If not everyone would be driving a 1920's model t with wood wheels.
Then why is Steve at Jeep calling all the time about the SFA kit,they wanted alot of RL parts on the LiberatorII but we did not have time due to getting backorders out 1st.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black-n Black
I under stand your point about another option
what you need understand is a few thing
first the dana 30A is made of aluminum and not strong enough for larger than 31-32" tall tires ,if that
This is also the problem with the VERY VERY common dana 35 found in the rear of most TJ's ,YJ's and XJ's even some ZJ's and WJ's I think
they will snap an axle shaft so easy it is unbelievable
unless you keep your tire size small and your gears tall and drive it with care
you can even lock it and run 31's with little to no worries
just like the the dana 30A in the KJ ,small tires and a careful foot and you will be fine

Then there is the equally big problem of gearing
bigger tires need bigger gears
problem is the 30A will only go as low as 4.10's which is fine for 31 and 32" tall tires
but it will be a slug with any thing over 32's and then you will be putting more stress on the aluminum diff
you can have a 400 HP V8 lift it and run 40" tall tires and 4.10's will not even be close to enough gear you will need to be in the 5.13 to 5.38 or lower range

I have a TJ
I could easily lift it enough to run 35's
however I am running a Dana 44 rear and a dana 30 front and that is the upper limit
if not over the limit for that set up
I would want to run a 60/44 combo to run 35's and I would want to run at least 4.88 gears in them
to me the current bolt on lifts for TJ's that allow you to run 35's or larger are a waste if you dont do the rest of the job
even keeping the 44/30 combo
and not counting the cost of the lift I would spend close to $4,000 upgrading axle shafts
new lockers ,gears ect.

This is why they are "bashing" a 12" IFS lift
it is "all show no go"
if you even try to beat on a Frankinlifed KJ on 31's the way I beat on my TJ with 32's
you would probably destroy it in 10 minutes
this 12" lift will only multiply that problem
or as I call it "big for nothing"

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is also the problem with the VERY VERY common dana 35 found in the rear of most TJ's ,YJ's and XJ's even some ZJ's and WJ's I think

I think my 99 WJ had a Dana 44 rear and a 35 or 30 front. I'm not sure, but I think. But, that's beside the point.:D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^X2^^^^

You want to run bigger tires on a KJ,say 35" sized ones you will need the below...............
Front D44,shown is a Ford HP44....
You must be registered for see images

And at least a Ford 9" or D60,shown is a Currie RockJock60 which is a D60/Ford 9" hybrid axle....

Using a HP30/D44 combo is just polishing a **** and you will be dishing out more money replacing broken parts when a little higher intial cost could get you almost bomb proof F/R diffs.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my 99 WJ had a Dana 44 rear and a 35 or 30 front. I'm not sure, but I think. But, that's beside the point.:D

Front was a 30.. The zj's only came with a rear 35 if they had ABS. WJ's did get some 44's as did the 1998 zj 360 but it was aluminum.

Latest posts

Members online