Misc interior lights out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lace

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if there are lights in the window switches and lock switches, but that's only part of the problem with my wife's '06 Limited.

Does anyone know off hand if there is? It looks like there's a tiny section where a light would/should be, but they haven't lit up since she bought it a few years back.

Also, does anyone know the bulb size for the shifter lights (auto)? She lost the light there and keeps complaining about having to turn the light on to make sure she's in drive.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if there are lights in the window switches and lock switches, but that's only part of the problem with my wife's '06 Limited.

Does anyone know off hand if there is? It looks like there's a tiny section where a light would/should be, but they haven't lit up since she bought it a few years back.

Also, does anyone know the bulb size for the shifter lights (auto)? She lost the light there and keeps complaining about having to turn the light on to make sure she's in drive.

Welcome! (welcome)

Yes, there are little green lights in the lock and power window switches. I can't find the bulb numbers but I know members on here have replaced them before. They're tiny little suckers!

The only bulb number I could find for the trans indicator bulb is an "S14V" bulb in my Factory Service Manual. But that number doesn't translate into a reference number I can find on any bulb manufacturer's websites. Sorry about that.

But like the other bulbs I know there are folks on here who've replaced them before. Someone will chime in I'm sure...

Bob

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bulb number from a dealer is 04839738AA, there are a total of nine behind the cluster, suggested list price is $0.75 each, I normally just do them all at the same time so as not to have to keep taking it apart

I have seen LED lights out there but I can't find the part number.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lace

Reaction score
Welcome! (welcome)

Yes, there are little green lights in the lock and power window switches. I can't find the bulb numbers but I know members on here have replaced them before. They're tiny little suckers!

The only bulb number I could find for the trans indicator bulb is an "S14V" bulb in my Factory Service Manual. But that number doesn't translate into a reference number I can find on any bulb manufacturer's websites. Sorry about that.

But like the other bulbs I know there are folks on here who've replaced them before. Someone will chime in I'm sure...

Bob

Thanks!

From some research, it looks like the bulb for the trans indicator was EW203 which is discontinued (from what I see online) and I happened to find a replacement E74, but I can only get it in bulk @ T-1 1/2 Glass Wedge Based 14V - replacement for EW203

The bulb number from a dealer is 04839738AA, there are a total of nine behind the cluster, suggested list price is $0.75 each, I normally just do them all at the same time so as not to have to keep taking it apart

I have seen LED lights out there but I can't find the part number.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The instrument panel are fine. I'd actually like to upgrade hers to LED. I replaced my TJ dash lights with white LED's and she loved it. That's another thing on the list to fix. Lol

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets bump this up. Wife is becoming quite annoyed not having lights on her trans shifter.

Does anyone know for sure if these will work? 2 Light Bulbs Toyota Camry Corolla Sienna Climate Heater Control 98 99 00 01 | eBay

Not sure where I left off, but I had these in my watch list and remember finding somewhere that they'd fit that section.

OK 2006 Parts fiche does not have a part number for the Shifter Bulb.

2002 KJ Parts Fiche has it as "MS820083 Qty. 1 Bulb, 14V 1.4 W, Shift Bezel"

I am sure it will be the same for your 2006 Model.:33:

I can not find part numbers for the window switches anywhere.:icon_rolleyes:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, there are NOT lights behind the window switches or lock switches. Only switches that have lights are the window switches in the back seat. Possible this was removed after a certain year??

My 04 does, however, have a light for the shifter.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, there are NOT lights behind the window switches or lock switches. Only switches that have lights are the window switches in the back seat. Possible this was removed after a certain year??

My 04 does, however, have a light for the shifter.

Maybe my '03 Renegade is the red-headed stepchild of the Liberty world. All my lock switches and window switches have a green light that shines through a slot in the switch. They turn on when the key is in the "Run" position whether the running lights/headlights are on or not.

Obviously these pics are a little dark but you get the idea. As for bulb numbers? No frickin' clue...

Lock switches:
You must be registered for see images

Window switches on center console:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mmmm don't think mine ever had lights in there
Can't remember ever seeing any

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I've gotta run outside and see if my '05 has them - and if not, figure out how to get them!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe my '03 Renegade is the red-headed stepchild of the Liberty world. All my lock switches and window switches have a green light that shines through a slot in the switch. They turn on when the key is in the "Run" position whether the running lights/headlights are on or not.

Obviously these pics are a little dark but you get the idea. As for bulb numbers? No frickin' clue...

Lock switches:

Window switches on center console:

Bob
If I remember correctly they stopped putting the lights in the switches for model year '04 and I'm pretty sure the bulbs are not replaceable so that means it requires a complete switch replacement.

All my switches also light up also.

Lace

Reaction score
I think I'm going to pull the shifter apart this weekend and just check the bulb itself. Might just see if I can find a LED bulb that will fit in there. I greatly appreciate the help!

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to pull the shifter apart this weekend and just check the bulb itself. Might just see if I can find a LED bulb that will fit in there. I greatly appreciate the help!

Have you tried PN: MS820083 as I posted?

Yes a LED should work just fine...with the correct resistor inline!