May cancel rocky road order.. Bds questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can cancel my rocky road lift orde and go with bds 2" ( half the price). Can I add a spacer for a little more lift. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4" ? $500 compared to $957 and bds is lifetime replacement. INPUT NOW!!!!!!!!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
You can add either a 1/4" or 3/8" top plate which will give you an additional 1/2" or 3/4 inch of lift.
Then you can add some clevis lift to further add a little more lift.
In the rear one or two extra coil spring isolators.

You should look at Old Man Emu coil springs.
All in you can 3-3.5" of lift.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
As far as Rocky Road is concerned, anyone but them would be the cause of the delay. There are plenty of other companies out there that stock/distribute OME coils for the KJ. You'd be best to stay far, far away from RRO.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I can cancel my rocky road lift orde and go with bds 2" ( half the price). Can I add a spacer for a little more lift. Maybe 1/2 to 3/4" ? $500 compared to $957 and bds is lifetime replacement. INPUT NOW!!!!!!!!

BDS is no cheaper than OME still ending up about the same price when installing good shocks along with it

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tommudd. :/ Ry, I dont mind paying the money for what I want. My suspension is pretty much shot so anything would be better lol

seabass1858

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all the complaints about RRO, I am glad that I had a good experience with them, they were informative and they even had my order of OME 927/948 drop shipped from ARB because they said it would arrive quicker than if they had ARB send them the springs and they would have to re pack the springs in their facility and send them out that way. I also have the operation manager direct phone number if anyone is interested.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered twice from RRO
and have had no problems
I called glen to tell him the knockout tool he claims that works on the KJ's to enlarging the UCA mount holes to get caster/camber in spec is actually only for early model IFS Chevy fullsizes and the KJ already has cam bolts on the LCA's didn't go well.He hung on me and would never pick back up.

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd shop around for the full OME kit - JbA, Alljs, Quadratec etc - all have a good reputation for customer service. While some people have reported good experiences with RRO, a great many have not.