JBA UCA with BDS lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slnoukpozounkou

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to all this and recently made a mistake: I bought a 2" spacer lift and had it installed. As a result, the ride is VERY rough. I feel every single bump on the road. I did some searching throughout this forum and have decided to have a BDS lift installed with Bilstien shocks in the front. My only question is will I need to buy need JBA control arms? I just installed new OE arms but they're rubbing against the coils. I'm a little strapped for cash right now but I need this to go right. can't afford to make any more mistakes.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have another issue if coils are rubbing the springs
Most times that does not happen till 3 inches of lift or more
Have you had it aligned yet
Did they get it into specs
On level ground , measure left front middle / center of wheel to bottom of the flare
And why BDS ? I mean good springs but expensive since you still need to buy 4 shocks

slnoukpozounkou

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten an alignment yet, but I will soon, since the alignment is pretty off right now.
I'm looking at the BDS lift mainly due to the price but as of now, i can't find any OME or Ironman lifts in stock.
I thought of combing different lift parts from different brands but i'd rather stick to one manufacturer.
My main concern is keeping it cost effective.

I also want to know if replacing all the shocks with new OE shocks would be a good idea since i don't plan to off-road?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten an alignment yet, but I will soon, since the alignment is pretty off right now.
I'm looking at the BDS lift mainly due to the price but as of now, i can't find any OME or Ironman lifts in stock.
I thought of combing different lift parts from different brands but i'd rather stick to one manufacturer.
My main concern is keeping it cost effective.

I also want to know if replacing all the shocks with new OE shocks would be a good idea since i don't plan to off-road?
OE shocks are junk from the get go
Go Bilstein at least
Well cound go Ranch, they are even better than OE
Using cheap OE shocks will wear out the springs faster

slnoukpozounkou

Reaction score
OE shocks are junk from the get go
Go Bilstein at least
Well cound go Ranch, they are even better than OE
Using cheap OE shocks will wear out the springs faster
Sounds like a plan. I'll buy the Bilsteins
Better safe than sorry.