Maried for 27 years, and I am In love again.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KAYAKER2

Reaction score
My wife asked What did you get? Answer: A jeep KJ the same color as my mercury outboards only metallic.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD 77000 miles: light towing to the lake with fishing boat and Antique outboard motor meets about 12 times a year.

Would like to hear from Illinois or anyone with any better suggestions or tips.
The partial to do list.
Hood struts (DONE)
Trailer hitch ball mount lock frozen (DONE)
GDE coming this week the first thing to do.
265-75-16 tires on factory rims. probably switch to 245-75-16s after suspension is taken care of Rubs when hitting bottom of the driveway fast.
2.5" Skyjacker lift: all struts and shocks shot springs sagging: replace with OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION I'm listening!
ARB bumper W/O winch need to make cover plates to cover holes.
Clunking and Rattles: Take off trailer hitch ball mount. Start replacing all suspension bushings and work on the Rear Upper Control Arm With Ball Joint & Bushings
My mechanic Friend with lift I could use has decided to go out of business. So I will have to use my garage or the shade tree. That just *****. some jobs I may farm those out.
Kayaker2

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife asked What did you get? Answer: A jeep KJ the same color as my mercury outboards only metallic.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD 77000 miles: light towing to the lake with fishing boat and Antique outboard motor meets about 12 times a year.

Would like to hear from Illinois or anyone with any better suggestions or tips.
The partial to do list.
Hood struts (DONE)
Trailer hitch ball mount lock frozen (DONE)
GDE coming this week the first thing to do.
265-75-16 tires on factory rims. probably switch to 245-75-16s after suspension is taken care of Rubs when hitting bottom of the driveway fast.
2.5" Skyjacker lift: all struts and shocks shot springs sagging: replace with OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION I'm listening!
ARB bumper W/O winch need to make cover plates to cover holes.
Clunking and Rattles: Take off trailer hitch ball mount. Start replacing all suspension bushings and work on the Rear Upper Control Arm With Ball Joint & Bushings
My mechanic Friend with lift I could use has decided to go out of business. So I will have to use my garage or the shade tree. That just *****. some jobs I may farm those out.
Kayaker2

Answered over on LOST

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. You are hooked now.

Dave

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Listen to tommudd, he gets crotchety sometimes but he knows his stuff! he's more patient than I'll ever be and most others here by answering the same questions 20 times a week.

Bert

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have some great plans ahead. :favorites13:

KAYAKER2

Reaction score
found a installer 3 miles from my house and has some OME parts in stock. But they agreed to install anything I choose.pretty reasonable also.

Still looking for someone I can trust to do the timing belt.

profdlp Great Plans Yes. I am still in the planning stage.

Bert, I just turned 60 today JeepKJ sent me a birthday email this morning. How can you be crotchety after that?

You have to love it. heck yea I'm going to yell at you for not wearing your safety glasses at the grinder for the tenth time. Idiot! I Locked out tagged out Grinder. Now four eyes Go find a file Bastard i mean a mill bastard.

That's what my employees call me The Crotchety old ....
Cant wait to see what got broke tomorrow at work. LOL

Hello Tommy!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... Still looking for someone I can trust to do the timing belt...

There's a guy over on LOST who travels for work and will do several timing belts at a time on his off-days when he hits a particular city. He went down I-95 last Fall and did something like 8 or 10 CRD timing belts. Very reasonable and he'll do the job in your driveway even in the rain.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online