M/T's vs MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdonn

Reaction score
I've only had the M/Ts for a little over a week now but the evic says I'm now getting 12mpg in town. Was getting 15 before. I know the speedo is off about 5% (according to the guy at Discount Tire) by going from 235/65 to 245/70. So is the evic wrong?

"...your mileage may vary."

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had the M/Ts for a little over a week now but the evic says I'm now getting 12mpg in town. Was getting 15 before. I know the speedo is off about 5% (according to the guy at Discount Tire) by going from 235/65 to 245/70. So is the evic wrong?

"...your mileage may vary."
Never trust the EVIC,they are rarely ever close,and since your speedo is off the evic will be off even more along with the odometer.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my evic is usualy within 1/2 mpg of actual pretty consistantly, now that i have my 245/75-r16 BFG MTKM tires.

The evic was off by a bunch (always over est fuel econ) b4 i put the bigger tires on.

My speedo is now dead on (where b4 the tire upgrade, my spedo read faster than acutal speed) my odometer is off by about 11%. when i put my 11% back in after getting the "fill" mileage, it almost always agrees w/ the EVIC within a 1/2mpg ish.

Sample data from my fillups

10/13/2007@036788
====================
Fill ((410miles)+ (41.0miles)/19.6gal) == 23.01mpg
EVIC == 23.4mpg
SG == 19.5mpg

the 41miles is adding 10% of the miles back in for the odo being off (bigger tires will make your odo read too low, which is y most people complain a lift makes their mpg go low, yes yes aerodynamics axle ratios ect blah blah blah, but most of the time, they just dont factor the tire diameter).

SG is low b/c it crashes all the time and is never right

Last edited: