Looking for front 2in receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen on some kjs that they have front 2in receiver! I have looked just about every were for one but no luck:mad: I was hoping some one could point me in the right place.
Thanks

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a felling about that, it seems most of the really good kj parts have been discontinued

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any thing out there that is stronger then the mopar front tow hooks or is that it, fined a used 2in front?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats that setup called for the liberty? Is it barebones?

Its probably the best setup for recovery and winch mounting short of a new bumper.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
5000 lbs is what the jeep is rated I think... you could put a hitch rated at 10,000 lbs on it but it would still be rated 5000 lbs on the Jeep.

I have a hidden hitch brand front reciever, made for 02-04 but fits my 05, with slight trimming of the bumper cover. No removal of the bumper necessary.

As others have said it's discontinued though.

You must be registered for see images

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thanks for all of the info, i thought finding parts for my 88 Comanche was hard, but who knew it would be this hard to just find a front trailer hitch.

Its an 04 by the way,

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a bit hard 3 years ago, I think 3 companies built them, than there was a buy out, then there were none. I have the Hidden Hitch. You might get one of the universal hitches to work with a bit of work, think someone said about a year ago they went that route.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well thats a little steep [-(
That's going to be cheap if the demand goes up anymore for the front hitches.You can get the rear hitch from anywhere,though I would highly recommend the OEM,it's the best built one I have seen yet and not really anymore then the other,less quility versions,hitches sell for.

Oh and stay away from "universal" hitches,they are a disaster/big lawsuit waiting to happen.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah? mine (hidden hitch) had a sticker that said 6300lbs...I've red somewhere there are 9000lbs rated ones out there.

If you realy want one be patient and keep an eye on the for sale thread here and on LOST and Ebay and / or yunk yard. I got mine from another JKJ member.:D What year is your Libby? I don't think there are any for '05+...

You need to take the front bumper of to fit it...

I see that you mounted it on the bottom of the front cross peice. I wonder if you can turn it upside down and mount it on the top of that cross piece so that your approach angle is improved?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see that you mounted it on the bottom of the front cross peice. I wonder if you can turn it upside down and mount it on the top of that cross piece so that your approach angle is improved?
The hitch doesn't stick out much from the front of the frame, the plastic fascia for the bumper sticks out/down more. Even if you mounted the hitch on top of the frame you wouldn't gain anything as far as approach angle is concerned - your bumper's still gonna drag or you'll hit the engine skid. I haven't had any problems with approaches in the three years that I've had my front hitch installed.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about approach angle with a winch mounted. I've been reading the winch cuts down the approach angle so i suggested mounting it on top of the bumper instead of the bottom.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But then you cut off airflow to the radiator and you will see the engine temps rise while crawling in 4low.

Would that be any worse than mounting your winch on the bumper like say detours backbone system or like any other on the top of bumper system for the TJ. The winch itself would block airflow.

tulsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah? mine (hidden hitch) had a sticker that said 6300lbs...I've red somewhere there are 9000lbs rated ones out there.

If you realy want one be patient and keep an eye on the for sale thread here and on LOST and Ebay and / or yunk yard. I got mine from another JKJ member.:D What year is your Libby? I don't think there are any for '05+...

You need to take the front bumper of to fit it...

I think towing ratings in Europe are greater than in the U.S.
Lewis