Looking for suggestions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodman51

Reaction score
2002 Liberty Sport 3.7 4WD
I had no issues or symptoms until I came out of a store and had a hard time starting, running rough, and stalling when slowing for turns/stops. I have replaced: fuel pump, fuel filter, all plugs, all coils, and all 02 sensors, checked and replaced questionable vacuum lines/fittings I could identify. I get no codes other than for air bags and impact sensors.
Hoping for someone with more experience to give me some insight .
I have learned a lot from this forum, and it is definitely appreciated!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean iac and throttle body, also check air filter and clean air flow sensor. May not fix your problem, but is really inexpensive and certainly wouldn't hurt any.

woodman51

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention that I have also replaced the IAC and TPS, as well as the air filter, and cleaned the throttle body....this thing is giving me fits!

SPYROS060120

Reaction score
I had no issues or symptoms until I came out of a store and had a hard time starting, running rough, and stalling when slowing for turns/stops. I have replaced: fuel pump, fuel filter, all plugs, all coils, and all 02 sensors, checked and replaced questionable vacuum lines/fittings I could identify. I get no codes other than for air bags and impact sensors.
Hello woodman! Same problem here with a 2.4KJ. Somewhere in this forum I read it’s the MAP sensor. I’m replacing it tomorrow and will let you know.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
A bad vaccuum leak would cause all those symptoms before engines had brains.

Xterra4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did check MAP sensor? Or vacuum lines (connects to intake manifold) also does cruise control work if not there's a vacuum leak!