Lift faq: Read before asking questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL so you've never ran the Sensatracs but know how they ride,That is truly amazing :happy175:

Nope never ran them, also don't know how they ride from experience
I was giving info on what I've read and been told
Sensa Tracs do not feel stiffer, now the SeansaTrac coilovers of course do
We're talking about the "Sensa-Trac Coilovers" correct?
Because this is what you stated about them
Hmm..
Can't find where I read it but someone said they "followed Tom's advice" and shaved off some of their spring perch which is why I said what I did
Didn't know they were changed later on
I was wanting to switch to them once my Bilsteins got old or just to switch because mine are only for 2.5"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope never ran them, also don't know how they ride from experience
I was giving info on what I've read and been told

We're talking about the "Sensa-Trac Coilovers" correct?
Because this is what you stated about them
Hmm..
Can't find where I read it but someone said they "followed Tom's advice" and shaved off some of their spring perch which is why I said what I did
Didn't know they were changed later on
I was wanting to switch to them once my Bilsteins got old or just to switch because mine are only for 2.5"

YES again on some you do have to remove an unused portion of the spring plate that is right behind the shock, they made a change later and you didn't on them, same as the KKs no mods needed to mount them. I had to on my 04 which was the very first one anywhere to try them.
YES we are talking about the Sensa trac coilovers, man I could of sworn we were anyways. But as far as ride goes let me make this perfectly clear , unloaded they will be just about like any other shock, BUT now when you start loading them down, the coil that goes over the shock starts to compress which does make for a bit firmer ride . Just like it is suppose to do.
I'll have to make sure and describe every little detail from now on I guess :happy175:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES again on some you do have to remove an unused portion of the spring plate that is right behind the shock, they made a change later and you didn't on them, same as the KKs no mods needed to mount them. I had to on my 04 which was the very first one anywhere to try them.
YES we are talking about the Sensa trac coilovers, man I could of sworn we were anyways. But as far as ride goes let me make this perfectly clear , unloaded they will be just about like any other shock, BUT now when you start loading them down, the coil that goes over the shock starts to compress which does make for a bit firmer ride . Just like it is suppose to do.
I'll have to make sure and describe every little detail from now on I guess :happy175:

damn I just spent 3x what a pair of the sensa trac cost on the long OME shocks. Did I make a good choice?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn I just spent 3x what a pair of the sensa trac cost on the long OME shocks. Did I make a good choice?

Obviously everyone will say yes
But, if I can get a shock that "rides about like any other" for 1/3 the cost then I will
My next set of shocks will be the Sensa-Tracs just because they're a great price, more than likely won't rise in cost compared to the 132Ls since they've been discontinued, and also provide better ride for towing or excess weight
The harder the OME's get to find the more expensive they'll get I'm sure
The Monroe's will be readily available whenever you need a new set so I'll be going with them

95whtzr2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did something a bit different with the rear bump stops/jounce bumpers . Being in Texas hockey pucks aren't that common :happy175:and I hadn't purchased them before doing my lift. I installed a OME 2.5" lift. I figured it would take more work to remove the springs and drill out the pad than to do the below. In the end, it might've been easier to do the hockey pucks, but I wanted to share my experience for anyone who might have the same thoughts.

I measured the stock jounce bumper width and found it to be close to 2.5" diameter. The new 2007+ wrangler jk's have 2.5" diameter rear bumpers. My goal was to find one 2" longer than our stock ones. I couldn't find any direct replacements that weren't in a kit- there is one kit available with the proper length (for the height of my lift) but it would require an order of 50+ for them to sell the jounce bumpers seperate. The jk crowd use bump stop spacers that bolt between the frame and the bump stops, and this doesn't work for us.

I did find these that slip into the cup and the jounce bumper slides into them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CY0U7KM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_bZlZxbBA4RAWD

I purchased these for a polyurethane jounce bumpers I assumed the length would be too long and planned on trimming them down with a lathe.: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007CFAZZ6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_f-lZxbWSA94M0

Upon inspection the length was ok, only about half an inch longer so I let it ride.

You must be registered for see images attach

I threw the Terraflex extensions in the liberty bump stop cups with some trimming required around the diameter. They ended up being about 1/8" too big all the way around- making it overall 1/4" too wide. I used the old jounce bumper to trim the extension to the right diameter with a bench grinder. These did take some work to squeeze between the springs as well.

Once the extensions were in, the jounce bumpers fit smoothly into the extensions with no issues (they were made for them so it was expected).

The jounce bumpers themselves are the same diameter as the extensions- where the go in the cup- so if you just wanted polyurethane stock replacements these might work with some trimming.

Overall it wasn't worth it for my application due to my lift height and given the opportunity I would have gone with the pucks. However I feel that if you are lifted higher it might be a good option, and you can use the hockey pucks as well.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't believe this to be true. Why would JBA sell a stock length shock with the OME kit?

It's just like anything else that is a direct replacement but better brand- to provide a better performing/quality part and in this example, allow people to get OME quality shocks without needed to lift

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't believe this to be true. Why would JBA sell a stock length shock with the OME kit?

That is all that is available now , very few of the 132Ls left

You have to remember that we used to not the 132Ls at all
The regular shocks is ALL that came with the OME kit for years, thjats why we used the Rancho RSXs
The 132Ls came along later after much encouragement from ALLJs
to build a longer shock for the KJs due to us all going higher
Its all history folks , have to have been around for a while :happy175:

PLUS its not just JBA, its any one who sells OME lifts for KJs and KKs
they all come over on the same boat, very slowly.......

Last edited:

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have another brand over here in Australia called Oztech a good mates father owns the company I am currently running them no problems so far. I'm happy to look into whether they will ship over to the US

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We have another brand over here in Australia called Oztech a good mates father owns the company I am currently running them no problems so far. I'm happy to look into whether they will ship over to the US

Please do, are they the same length as the 132Ls

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you have a length on the 132Ls i can check

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Comparing the Bilstein for the rear of the Dodge Dakota ( 99-04 ) on the left, Rancho RSX that we used and the OME 132L

Stock length on right, regular OME center and Rancho RSX that we used on left

Tog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take a measurement off the OME Tommud and tell me what it is when I get my Bleep back from the shop I will measure up the Oztec shock

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you take a measurement off the OME Tommud and tell me what it is when I get my Bleep back from the shop I will measure up the Oztec shock

Those are long gone, old picture
I have lengths somewhere

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since many things have changed since the original sticky started, can someone update the lift information with current? I ask because I'm looking at the Ranchos but want to make sure that the rear is correct. The front are RS5764 and the rears are RS5248. Thanks for the help.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Ranchos made for KJs today are junk
That info about them is very old, so your best option is Bilstein if you can't find OME132Ls

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Ranchos made for KJs today are junk
That info about them is very old, so your best option is Bilstein if you can't find OME132Ls

Really don't suggest the Bilsteins that JBA sells as those blew within 20k miles and they almost always rode like shit.