Led headlights on Jeep Liberty 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimgas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. I found some headlights on eBay that they claim can fit on Jeep liberty as well, and not only wrangler. Is that true? Do we have 7" same headlights as the wrangler? Please see the link and let me know. Thanks a lot

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151895080043?ul_ref=http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m43.l1123/7?euid=de0012d215044e18a3120e4ec4c99d59&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D151895080043%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AMOTORS%3A1123&srcrot=e11051.m43.l1123&rvr_id=0&_mwBanner=1

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

jimgas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if we have projector or led headlights compatible with our liberty's? Cause I checked on eBay and I can't find anything. Thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if we have projector or led headlights compatible with our liberty's? Cause I checked on eBay and I can't find anything. Thanks

You can buy kits that throw light everywhere and blind the crap out of oncoming vehicles:thumbsdown:
Or just install good phillips bulbs

jimgas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with hid and blind everyone. Please do you have good suggestions for halogen bulbs? Thank you

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ I bought has those HID KITS on it. Hate em, but I have to replace the whole mess including bulb sockets and wires. I have retrofit HID on my car and love em. World of difference. Thing I don't like about LED is though they're very bright, they don't seem to project light outward very much.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with hid and blind everyone. Please do you have good suggestions for halogen bulbs? Thank you

Ah, think I mentioned good Phillips bulbs , best there is IMO
Ran them for years in mine

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems the brighter (or whiter/bluer) the light, the faster they die. Standard lasts longer.

You're right, Bluer ones are bad from the get go
Your eyes can't see as well with a bluer light even though some think it produces more.
I run the Phillips Extremes and they last for years ( on the 04 they have been in there over 5 years now)

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply for some great reading on best bulbs etc

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had Phillips extremes since 2013. No problem. Still as bright as they were new. My commute home is always at night too.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jimgas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess I should go with the Philips ones. What about the dogs? We have snow 6 months per year so I would like to change them with yellow ones. Is it OK to install hids on fogs? Thank you

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not much exists in the aftermarket for headlights for us its all for the wranglers. however my friend just made me custom halo projector headlights and hes willing to do it for anyone else that wants them. check out his webste c4lifestyle.com and contact him and he will give you a price quote. price all depends on how crazy you wanna get

Attachments

• peekaboo.jpg
    peekaboo.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 39

crasher

Reaction score
You're right, Bluer ones are bad from the get go
Your eyes can't see as well with a bluer light even though some think it produces more.
I run the Phillips Extremes and they last for years ( on the 04 they have been in there over 5 years now)

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply for some great reading on best bulbs etc

And I wish more drivers would read the info there about why it's a bad idea to rewire fogs to work with hi-beams.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I wish more drivers would read the info there about why it's a bad idea to rewire fogs to work with hi-beams.

Depends on the fog light location, I ran a jumper on my Focus so that I could run the fogs without the headlights on since 05's were set up so fogs could only be on with headlights and then when I had my aftermarket headlights, ran a second jumper so the low beams would be on with the high beams which allowed them to stay on. The fogs were in the bumper not up high like on the KJ. Though I'm going to test new LED Amber that look like they have a more solid throw which then I want to jump to work with high beams.

Madelaide

Reaction score
Philips have released a retro fit LED for H4 headlights (maybe others). The H4 is used for the Cherokee (Liberty) in Australia.

The best both worlds...

Link:
X-treme Ultinon LED LED car lamp 12953BWX2 | Philips

Specs:
Technology
LED
Application
Headlight high beam
Headlight low beam
Type
Headlight H4
Color temperature
White 6200K
Lifespan
5000 hrs
Voltage
12 & 24 V
Wattage
23+/-15% W
Designation
X-treme Ultinon 6200K
Range
X-treme Ultinon LED
Base
P43t
Lumens [lm]
1000+/-15% LB
1250+/-15% HB

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
QUOTING tjkj2002 here :
But couldn't have said it better

The main issue is optics,the OE headlight housings are designed for halogen bulbs,it has to do with the reflecter design and how the bulb creates the light.Putting in HID or LED bulbs in a halogen housing(besides being illegal for headlights) will not produce a good light pattern and mostly scatters the light blinding oncoming traffic and leaving you without much usable light.

Having the correct optics(reflector) is key with LED's.You can make a 3w LED "produce" more useable light(and appear brighter) in the correct housing then a 30w LED in a housing designed for halogen bulbs.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
QUOTING tjkj2002 here :
But couldn't have said it better

The main issue is optics,the OE headlight housings are designed for halogen bulbs,it has to do with the reflecter design and how the bulb creates the light.Putting in HID or LED bulbs in a halogen housing(besides being illegal for headlights) will not produce a good light pattern and mostly scatters the light blinding oncoming traffic and leaving you without much usable light.

Having the correct optics(reflector) is key with LED's.You can make a 3w LED "produce" more useable light(and appear brighter) in the correct housing then a 30w LED in a housing designed for halogen bulbs.

Bingo, Halogens only use at maximum 1800 lumen. HID's are in the range of 2600 Lumen, too much for the bowls to handle and thus makes it look like you're driving with your high beams on all the time. There are ''castor shields'' you can buy which supposedly cut down the ''glare'' produced but do not actually because the same principal applies, you're physically driving with high beams on all the time.