LED Headlights / Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agentTHETA

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I was thinking about upgrading the headlights and fog lights on my 2002 Renegade to LEDs

Has anyone done this? What brand of bulbs did you get? What is your opinion about the results? Was it worth it?

Thanks,

aT

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I was thinking about upgrading the headlights and fog lights on my 2002 Renegade to LEDs

Has anyone done this? What brand of bulbs did you get? What is your opinion about the results? Was it worth it?

Thanks,

aT

Wouldn't bother especially with KJ housings
LEDs don't spread light very well at all- it would be right in front of you
I guess for fogs it'd be fine but definitely not headlights

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just gets some phillips xtreme visions instead
...think thats what theyre called

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have PIAA Extreme white bulbs in the headlights and fogs. They were in when I bought the Jeep and will replace with them when I need to. Although I did have to adjust both headlights and fogs, but after I did I haven't had any problems in any kind of weather. At least not as of yet. Don't think I'll go to anything else.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have PIAA Extreme white bulbs in the headlights and fogs. They were in when I bought the Jeep and will replace with them when I need to. Although I did have to adjust both headlights and fogs, but after I did I haven't had any problems in any kind of weather. At least not as of yet. Don't think I'll go to anything else.

PIAA likes that blue color though which does nothing for the light output. Never could figure why they did that.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I HATE blue headlights. I was planning on doing real HID retrofits into all the lights on the Renegade

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some have, I would never though , hate the retrofits

Well again...I have to say that I would be truly grateful for your honest opinions so that it may help prevent me from making a costly mistake! Also not trying to thread jack. Hopefully this info will help the OP as well!

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PIAA likes that blue color though which does nothing for the light output. Never could figure why they did that.

I agree. I don't care for the blue tint either. But, for whatever reason (age maybe?) there isn't any blue to them. Like I said, they were already in there when I bought it so who knows how old they are.

Miguel Escobar

Reaction score
try with auxbeam head light led bulbs i bought a pair and work good better that HID

regards

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the SilverStar Ultras before. I could see great, until rain or snow. Couldn't see anything with them when the roads were wet. I'll never buy them again.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have been wondering this for the last 10k since I replaced my headlights and fog lights with new housings and bulbs, but anybody know why the fog lights housings cost nearly double what the headlamps do?

Housings ?
Need some I have extras :happy175:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I'd have taken you up on that 2 months ago!!
Maybe it's just because I bought a cheap brand, but I paid 50 for the headlamps/bulbs, and 85 for the fog lights/bulbs..
???
Butttt, they are beyond comparison to my old lights lol

Cleaned up my old ones to keep as spares in case I decide to run these into something someday lol

Members online