kk tire roution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want know does it make big difference if you do a tire roution every 10K then doing it at every 6K?

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more you rotate the longer the tires will last. Don't forget the spare if it's a full one with matching rim. IDK on the KK.

KK's have an optinal full spare matching rim that mounts underneath like the steal rim spare.

I rotate mine every 3K including the spare b/c my front passanger tire starts to get choppy on the outer edge If i go longer than that. i got stock wrangler SR-A's.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Me personally, I never rotate tires. I have done the math, and, I would rather replace 2 very, VERY bad tires every year, than four worn tires that won't pass inspection anyway, every year. I put 20-25K a year on my cars... One to and from work, at 200 miles a week; and, the company car at 300+ miles a week.

Since PA requires state inspection, you fail for bad tires. Well, rotating them, wears all four, so you HAVE to buy four tires. Well, if I keep the front tires on the whole year, I only need to have those replaced when inspection comes around. So, I then move the rear ones up, and put the new ones on the back. Those now front will last a year, they just get worn down VERY low, till next year... That has been working for me for over 15 years, that's how I, well, ROLL...

4x4s probably require tire rotation to keep the ratios even... I got a 80k warranty with this 06 Lib, so we'll see how it looks when 12/09 rolls around...

I also try and buy tires that have the highest tread-wear number, 400+ if I can find them. I have been able to find 17" tires with 420 tread-wear when I had the Avenger.

Goodyear tires were the WORST, that's why they are called Good-Year, because that's all they last, with 240 and 280 tread-wear numbers...